Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

15 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

The wood panel flooring in the box is definitely original.  Like was already said above, you'll figure something out!

I was looking at it since he could actually walk around the box its so big with the top off the flooring suits it well! lol 

Thanks guys!  

Yeah no deterring here.  I’m fully motivated for the next run. Only problem is time and money.  But I think that’s everyone’s issue right lol?  

My biggest concern with getting it all back in, is making sure the lids stay down tight.  I’ll have to experiment with epoxying those inserts. I probably could just use long wood screws, but I like the looks of the bolts better and I think a 1/4” bolt will carry more strength then a thin wood screw.  I know we’re talking about a lot of screws/bolts over a big area, and that shouldn’t really be an issue, but you never know.  

If it’s worth building it’s worth overbuilding!  

6 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

Thanks guys!  

Yeah no deterring here.  I’m fully motivated for the next run. Only problem is time and money.  But I think that’s everyone’s issue right lol?  

My biggest concern with getting it all back in, is making sure the kids stay down tight.  I’ll have to experiment with epoxying those inserts. I probably could just use long wood screws, but I like the looks of the bolts better and I think a 1/4” bolt will carry more strength then a thin wood screw.  I know we’re talking about a lot of screws/bolts over a big area, and that shouldn’t really be an issue, but you never know.  

If it’s worth building it’s worth overbuilding!  

Thats my motto. If its worth doing, its worth overdoing!

So I was talking with my brother last night and we both agree that I should build it for temporary long term.  

What do I mean?

I have a neighbor who is a welder by trade so he’s offered to teach me how to dust off my Lincoln welder and use it for something other than cosmetic appeal in the shop.  

My plan is to get the enclosure lids figured out and that will go back in.  I’ll need to replace the accordion boot, but that’s a 5 minute job.  Ok ok maybe 10.  

Then, I’ll build a temporary amp rack behind the enclosure for the 10.0k.  Then I’m going to build a temporary battery rack at the end of the bed.

That sounds like it should be reverse though, you say?  Well the batteries end to end are wider than the wheel well. Plus, my permanent plans will require me to build a more permanent spot for the batteries.  

This is where my welder neighbor comes in.  I’m going to have him help me weld up a pair of battery boxes to go under the truck on each frame rail.  2 on each side. Once those are done, I can remove them from the bed and get them there.  

The rest will be done in phases.  The center console will most likely be done first. Single DC Audio XL 10 on a  DC Audio 2.0k. Hump in the middle top for volume knobs and switches. Cup holders (must have).  Head unit will move down there. 

Then I’ll work on the dash and getting the tablet in it and all of that fabricated and finished up.  

Roof console to house the 2 McLaren DSP’s and HVAC controls will need to be fabricated and finished up as well.  

Doors. Front doors will get the same speaker set up as originally planned, 2 - 6.5’s, 2 - 4’s and a tweet (all McLaren) along with a McLaren 700.4 per door.  Rear doors will get a single McLaren 6.5 and 4 along with a McLaren 500.4 and 300.2. But all of that will take fiberglassing and lots of time and work.  

Then of course, the rack for the 10k in the roof.  That will get me back to welding a frame and lots of fiberglass and trim work.  

Thats the plan.  Long term anyway.  

Lol!!

The console is interesting to me.  Whats pass band do you use for the 10"?

Also, I think roof amp rack sounds epic.  Get a layer or two of birch up there first (with a shit ton of PL) and then you'll have the rigidity to support the amp.  Those truck roofs flex sum'n fierce.  You can even weld some braces in that hold the birch to the frame bar above each door.  #thoughts

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Im still amazed the balls of people that cut up even a new car. Mines turning 20 next month and I paid $50 for it. I couldnt do that ever lmao. Good luck man sounds like the plans coming into place finally! 

19 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

The console is interesting to me.  Whats pass band do you use for the 10"?

Also, I think roof amp rack sounds epic.  Get a layer or two of birch up there first (with a shit ton of PL) and then you'll have the rigidity to support the amp.  Those truck roofs flex sum'n fierce.  You can even weld some braces in that hold the birch to the frame bar above each door.  #thoughts

It’ll be a sealed enclosure and meant more to do two things. First just to pick up lower mod bass between the subs and the 6.5’s. So the 6.5’s don’t extend too low and the subs are about a 54hz  level.  Second is that when I have my family, more so my wife cause my kids love bass, in the truck I can turn the 15’s off and still have some depth and bass in the cabin.  Probably, most likely, not necessary but it sounded good when I was thinking up a design.  

I was honestly thinking about that birch idea actually.  I’m not a welder, I haven’t even started to learn, although I don’t think it’ll take me long to figure it out. But knowing wood and working with wood most of my life I did think about that. 

There are 3, maybe 4, press steal braces that go across the roof. I thought if I did the birch, I would cut panels to go between each brace installed with that PL glue. Then once I leveled out with the braces I could put one solid sheet, or two because the roof is more than 48” wide, up to the curve of the edges.  Use PL and screws for that one.  Then I can put the amps on that.  

Fastening would be interesting because they have to be solid. I can’t have a 20lb amp fall off the roof on someone’s head driving down the freeway.  

The other interesting part would be how do I deal with the curved edges and covering and make it look good?  Maybe make it a whole trim panel that attaches like the current roof panel?  Then make different inserts for around the amps so I don’t have to pull the entire panel off to adjust the amps or get in there if I needed to?  

Now you got me thinking!  THANKS!!!  Lol just kidding I appreciate the ideas. 

18 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

Im still amazed the balls of people that cut up even a new car. Mines turning 20 next month and I paid $50 for it. I couldnt do that ever lmao. Good luck man sounds like the plans coming into place finally! 

I hear you.  I saved the cut outs from the blow through in case I need my neighbor to fix it for me.  I could always buy a new bed but that’s a big chunk of change to fix this.  

I don’t know.  I don’t see me getting rid of this truck anytime soon.  Financially I just simply can’t afford a new truck.  If that day comes they take anything in trade for any condition.  They didn’t even blink at my civic with the back deck cut up and trunk a mess. 

My concern about the roof would be the putting it back to stock if that day came.  If I do the panels between the braces, the stock roof panel won’t fit back in because the areas between the braces sink down into those cavities.  

I’ll have to think about that I guess. 

Kinda hard to see here, but I was able to slide this panel up to where it tucks into some tabs that stick out from the rail above the doors.  This way it cant possibly fall down.  Anyway, tuned in to see where you take this!

36987687916_544e2d8baf_k.jpgIMG_2883 by Walled Sonic, on Flickr

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Dude,

U been doing some serious shit lately huh? Looks good bro! I’mma have to catch your ass around EG so we can exchange demos one day.  Mine won’t be done until late March or so. Keep it goin man! ?

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

11 hours ago, PaCiFiKbAllA said:

Dude,

U been doing some serious shit lately huh? Looks good bro! I’mma have to catch your ass around EG so we can exchange demos one day.  Mine won’t be done until late March or so. Keep it goin man! 1f44d.png

Thanks. Unfortunately it’s all out now but I’m gonna start getting it back in soon.  

Hell yes, let’s do it. I’m pretty sure I have the only 06 style black superduty with an 8” lift around this area so if you see me flag me down, even if it’s just to say what up!  

Maybe we’ll be playing around the same time.  I’d like to be playing the. Anyway, that way I know I’ll be ready when the Sky High bbq comes in May.  I’ll be up there as far as I know.  But that’s the first weekend the kids are out of school so who knows!!  Lol. A lot can happen in a few months and the wife hasn’t said anything yet.  

Archived