Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

Nice. I never liked the interior of the king ranch myself. (EDIT) sorry that sounded rude, was not intended to be. I like the look of the truck, and of course I like the truck. I meant the interior was never my preference on the KR. Otherwise I like it.

I'm not sure I'll have much use for the upfitter switches. I'm building a new center console and it's going to actually go up just under the dash cup holder and I think that covers those switches. I appreciate it though.

As far as halos, you mean for the headlights?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you know or not, but those 6.0's have a bad reputation of having problems and from what I understand they all started after people put chips on them.

I'm aware. Next big thing on the list is the head gaskets and studs. But that's a huge job, and I already have one of those jobs going on right now and I'd probably living in the back of this truck if I started another one. LOL

People have problems with them after chips because they put a chip in it and think they can go race around and be stupid with them. Not watch their gauges and warning signs of potential problems. Yeah, I've done my fair share of research on them, and I know all about the problem areas.

Thank you for the awareness though. I appreciate the heads up.

Okay....reading through here I was about to jump your ass about the tuner....but you obviously know what you're doing lol.

Looks awesome, I'm a little jelly. In a couple years here when I can afford it (hopefully) I want, well basically your truck.

Been working on a cracked tablet?

Damn it, I forgot to add that in. No it's not cracked. It's the reflection off of the front of the garbage can. Someone else said the same thing on Facebook when I posted it. LOL. It's in perfect working order.

Not sure if you know or not, but those 6.0's have a bad reputation of having problems and from what I understand they all started after people put chips on them.

I'm aware. Next big thing on the list is the head gaskets and studs. But that's a huge job, and I already have one of those jobs going on right now and I'd probably living in the back of this truck if I started another one. LOL

People have problems with them after chips because they put a chip in it and think they can go race around and be stupid with them. Not watch their gauges and warning signs of potential problems. Yeah, I've done my fair share of research on them, and I know all about the problem areas.

Thank you for the awareness though. I appreciate the heads up.

Okay....reading through here I was about to jump your ass about the tuner....but you obviously know what you're doing lol.

Looks awesome, I'm a little jelly. In a couple years here when I can afford it (hopefully) I want, well basically your truck.

Yeah I've done my fair share of research on it. I got a tuner to wake it up, not drag race with it. There are occasions when I do "get on it" but really only to clean it out, push lots of air through the system to break loose any soot in the egr.

As far as getting one, good luck, I hope you get what you want. I enjoy it.

I cant remember if I posted or not, but I do have new Moog HD Tie Rod ends for both sides, a new Moog HD Drag Link End, a PMF Suspensions HD Drag link, and a PMF Suspensions HD Adjustable Track Bar, on the way. I got the Tie rod ends already, but the rest should be here today. I'm hoping to swap them all out tonight, so I can see if that's what's causing my wondering during my trailer towing. Also got a new Coolant Reservoir (Degas Bottle) to put on, but that will probably have to wait until we get back.

I am contemplating taking the dash with me to work on while we camp. Not sure if that will actually happen or not, but we'll see.

OH, also, got a second AA 150.4 in yesterday too. So now I'll have one on the front set up and one on the rear set up. This will allow me to run completely active with the mids and highs. I'm excited to start getting all of that in as well.

OK I think that's all for now. Didn't get a chance to get the video uploaded last night, or pics uploaded, so that will probably not happen until next week either. Unless I can find some time to do it tonight. Unfortunately they're no my camera and not my phone. So I can't do it here at work.

That's all for now. Thanks!

So you like the ObdII tuner by sct? I've been looking at it for my explorer, gas tune obviously.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I hate the 6.0's, always working on them, but it looks like you've already hit all the problematic areas of it and actually know what you're doing with it. Love the truck too. Idk if you said, but are you using a hitch stabilizer for your camper? My truck dodge 1500 sagged like crazy so I bought one before even leaving the dealer and it's almost perfectly level. Since you already have the bags though, it wouldn't really be necessary. Keep up the good work, I'm anxious to see those 8's in!!

This is what I'm talking about, mine isn't from cheapo freight though haha.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10000-lb-capacity-weight-distributing-hitch-system-67649.html

Actually it's pretty unsafe when you get into the bigger trailers if you don't have one. It's not only to level out the trailer, but keep it from hoping up and down, and then the sway control is to keep it from swaying side to side, because of wind, bad steering (my case for now), or whatever. I'd be scared as shit towing my 32' without it. Even with air bags.

The only problematic spots I've not gotten to yet that I want to do, is replace the egr cooler with a new updated version of it, and a new oil cooler with a new updated version of it. Flush the coolant system, and I should be good after that.

It drives real nice right now. But as soon as I get these parts on I bet it drives way better.

Awesome setup for the dash. I

Nice. I never liked the interior of the king ranch myself. (EDIT) sorry that sounded rude, was not intended to be. I like the look of the truck, and of course I like the truck. I meant the interior was never my preference on the KR. Otherwise I like it.

I'm not sure I'll have much use for the upfitter switches. I'm building a new center console and it's going to actually go up just under the dash cup holder and I think that covers those switches. I appreciate it though.

As far as halos, you mean for the headlights?

Honestly, I loved the Kids ng Ranch interior but I won't own another since they are hard yo clean and the leather is expensive if you ruin it. Awesome setup for the dash. Never knew you could fit something that big in it.

Here are the halos I was talking about.

http://www.ledconceptslighting.com/products/halo-headlight-kit-2005-2007-ford-f250-f350?variant=767078967

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Archived