RF T1500-1BDCP Fusing question

Ok, I we have the RF T1500-1BDCP installed in the Jimmy pushing 4 RF HX2 12's (The RF Power 15's recone and install are on hold til I fix the Camaro). There 's a 200 Amp Sound Quest fuse up front by the battery.

Reading the manual, the amp does call for a 200 Amp fuse to be connected between the amp and battery.

In the past I've only installed amps with on-board fuses- using the same battery-fuse concept.

Not too familiar with the non-fused amps thus the question.

Do I have to fuse the amp again with a 200 Amp fuse, and upgrade the battery fuse to a 300 amp fuse now that the

T1500 is connected-AND- it's still a 2 amp system?

The 200 Amp at the battery was for the Avionixx amps, combined fuses totaled 200 amps (30Ax4, and 40Ax2).

Please school on this stuff regarding non-fused amps.

Appreciate the feedback.

-Frank

Youve upped your draw. I'd put in a 300 amp fuse. Since you now have two amps how are you distributing the wire to each amp? I typically fuse a distribution block and fuse each amp there

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have 0 gauge stinger at the battery/fuse junction to the back of the Jimmy.

From the back, I have the 0 gauge on a wooden block with a bolt, a 4 gauge wire feeds the T1500-1, and an 8 gauge feeds the Avionixx 4 channel. (Using only 2 channels)

So 300A ANF at the battery, than a dual ANF or Maxi-fuse distribution block with an 80A and 200A to feed both amps?

I appreciate the feedback N8!

-Frank

cool, I had an extra 200A fuse and block, but I thought "if there's 2 200A fuses in series, will one blow if the amp needs it to in order to protect it?". If that's the way to do it, than I will do it. Larger fuse, to smaller fuses.

Thx guys.

-Frank

so you have 2 amplifiers right? one that has 120 amps of fusing on it and one that has none, but requires 200 amps?

if so, I would drop a 300 amp fuse on your 0g near the battery then run that wire to a distro block. Then from there, use a 200amp for the RF and a 120amp for the other amplifier.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You can't supply that much current anyways so fuse it for what you an supply.

That being said I could feed mine and it played music with a 120 amp fuse.

Rockford list the average current draw as 100 amps on music.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived