Sonic Electronix

im wondering if polyfill would actually make a difference on an sa 15 in a ported 3 cu box. ive heard that it makes lows hit better but idk how a bunch of cotton would hold up inside a box with an sa15. wouldnt it get sucked in around the spiders and maybe even in where the coils are and cause it to overhear? any input would be great

Only effects sealed enclosures. Go ahead and throw some ported box and upload the video so we can have some luls. But for real, sealed only.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 3 weeks later...

Only effects sealed enclosures. Go ahead and throw some ported box and upload the video so we can have some luls. But for real, sealed only.

^ This.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Not true. It can have a profound effect on vented enclosures as well.

You just have to chicken wire the throat of the port or a similar method of keeping the shit in there. Because I can tell you from experience that it comes out IN A HURRY. Lol

As other have said, polyfill (it's not cotton, don't use cotton) will only hurt your output with a ported box.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Use a poly batting instead of polyfill to achieve the same performance without the effects of tricking the sub acting as if it is in a larger enclosure.

They come in a 1" thickness and line 3 walls with it, it will make the enclosure have a deeper richer sound to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonded-Dacron-Upholstery-Grade-Polyester-Batting-48-Inch-Wide-Sold-By-The-Yard-/151702528895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23522ce37f

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Use a poly batting instead of polyfill to achieve the same performance without the effects of tricking the sub acting as if it is in a larger enclosure.

They come in a 1" thickness and line 3 walls with it, it will make the enclosure have a deeper richer sound to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonded-Dacron-Upholstery-Grade-Polyester-Batting-48-Inch-Wide-Sold-By-The-Yard-/151702528895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23522ce37f

Good answer right here (and yours TFade, as always). As Skullz said, you'd want to use the actual batting vs the loose stuff. It can DEFINITELY affect and improve the sound of some ported enclosures for sure. Most here have never tried it and don't have experience other than sealed applications. To get the batting to stick, you can glue and staple of you'd like.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 7 months later...

Have a GMC crew cab with 2 12" kicker CompRTs in a down fire box. I spoke with a Kicker rep because I've read that the 500 RMS rating is under rated by the company and more like around 700. He also suggested to polyfill about half the box which is .87 cu ft. I've been reading that people just stuff it into the box, but I feel that would turn out not so well with my subs facing down. I've seen on YouTube about using spray adhesive to line the walls but wondering if layering sheets of this stuff with minimal glue is a feasable option. Any help/tip.

Thinking about also ditching kickers for some RE SCX 12's.

Archived