Wiring 2 batteries in trunk question

i will be hooking up 2 batteries in the trunk of my car. I have 2 runs of 1/0 from front, to back. A friend of mine said that I should hook up one run to each battery then put a jumper from one to the other, instead of both runs to closest battery, then running a jumper to the second. He said that it helps the batteries drain evenly. Will it make a difference?

Same with the grounds. He said to ground each battery separate, then put a run from one to the other. Will that be better than 2 grounds on first battery, then from one to the other? Or will it not make a difference?

Hope this made sense. And thank you for any input.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I don't think it matters. You wire them in parallel, they have the same voltage, if you're drawing too much power from your alternator, you're pulling from the batteries, overall voltage goes down, not just one battery then the next then the next

Perfectly fine to only connect to one battery, and then join the two. The runs are so short it wont make a difference

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

yea his way would the better option even though both way would work. i would do his way if i was putting in batteries..... cause i read some where that its best not to "bottleneck" (term they used) a connection through one than to another. it best to have a circular motion

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Ultimately depends on how much current you'll be drawing.

If you're 300A or under in all areas of the cable then one connection between points if fine.

Doubling the cable from the front to back is fine and helps reduce the overall resistance which is always helpful.

If you're draw is ever over at or over 300A then doubling the cable everywhere would be wise.

The smallest cross section of copper in your system could bring the whole system down.

Both batteries are in parallel and the runs are relatively short so you shouldn't have any difference in drain, unless your current draw is high enough where the small resistances take effect.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I will be running am optidrive 3200 and an optidrive 250x4. Both have an amp rating of 200a. I will be using all of that for the monoblock, but the 4 channel will only be pushing 4 50 watt coaxials. (Jl audio c2 570x to be specific).

So I should be fine with both front to back runs going to the first, then running a jumper to the second correct? Thank you for the help

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived