This is not a debate thread to start an argument. this is for opinion purposes

The reason im making this thread is to have an idea what people think of why they made the 2nd amendment.. some people think it was made for our military and disregard the part that says the right of the people.

2ndAmendment.jpg

here is my opinion.

the way i see it is that when they made the second amendment they made it for use to protect the freedoms that the founders have granted to the people (constituents) i really dont see any other explanation. they came from an oppressed authority and the way i see it is that they knew the day would come when the same would happen here if we didnt have that right. I really dont see how people think it was made for the military. back in those days there was only the national guards and no other branches till later..

this is how i see it

A well regulated militia.. this is where it brings confusion to some

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

i see it as the people becoming a militia against a tyrannical/oppressed government.. they left it up to the people for the security of a free state. only we can guarantee our freedom. they made the constituents the protectors of the bill of rights. They knew if we didn't have our 2nd we wouldn't have freedom.. i dont see anywhere that says the right of the government to to keep and bear arms for the security of a free state. it clearly says the right of the people. They also wrote Should not be infringed. they knew the day would come that they would try and take that right from us and they knew that right was the only one that could stop such acts from our government.. i just dont see how people dont understand it

I agree with you 100%

I believe the other intention was to prevent any type of invasion.

What's funny though is it has actually been made illegal to form an actual milita.

Anyone wonder why?

I bet it is not hard to figure out.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i just don't get it.. every part of our constitution is for the people not the military or government.. people are giving freedom for security when right there on the 2nd amendment says we have to take arms for the security of a free state.. are people this stupid? we are the militia we are the protectors of this country, its up to us to keep our freedoms.. by the way im not talking down on our military. im glad we have them.. the only thing is that i see it as the founders left it up to us not our military

Well they intended for a military as well the right for the people was to prevent said military and government from being able to take total control of the country.

The thing is they are slowly taking control and will do so without a single shot ever being fired its why they keep trying to chip away at gun rights and anybody that thinks it's because guns are dangerous is an idiot.

Well they are very dangerous to a tyrannical government.

First thing the nazis did was get rid of guns for citizens.

If people would open their eyes they would get it but they are perfectly content being good little sheep.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

the only way i see them in control is if they brainwash everyone. so far it looks like its working. most people think the government should offer security to us in exchange to their rights.. i would like to see them once they are slaves.. if you dont think we are slaves.. just look at your paycheck.. 30% goes to taxes off the bat sometimes even more.. then we have state taxes and more taxes for car tags and then sales tax.. it starting to look like we are just working to pay taxes.. some people say its not slavery and we still have freedom and if we dont like it we can leave.. what they say when we have to work 16 hours a day and 75% of that is going to taxes.. so why did did the founders declare Independence? some people should read up on our history.. our founders knew taxation was a bad idea

The way i read that was in the following.

A well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state.

The rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

What confuses me is, "the people" doesn't seem to have a certain home whether it is the militia or everyone.

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

The people of this country would include everyone that's a citizen.

I'll tell you one thing the gun owners in this country are what scare off the morons from trying dumb shit like they do in other countries.

If every single person that is of legal age, sound mind and not a convicted felon was forced to own a gun the crime rate would damn near diminish.

Just because they can doesn't mean they all do.

We can open carry here too and I've seen only two people do so.

Archived