tuning help?

Karkov

Midbass drivers are primarily a "fill in" driver for midbass. Not going to sound right without the high end.

My suggestion would be to install a pair or tweeters temporarily and see what you get before passing judgment ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Midbass drivers are primarily a "fill in" driver for midbass. Not going to sound right without the high end.

My suggestion would be to install a pair or tweeters temporarily and see what you get before passing judgment ...

I wouldn't call PA's midbass.... Just my personal opinion

Whats the difference between a pro audio driver and an old school bandpass loudspeaker / transducer ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

That's why I asked about tweets. Your mid will sound bad without them. Hook up some tweets and they will sound completly different. I know from experience

Thanks all! Yup, didn't plan on running them alone except for temporary, lol, thought because they were pro audio they could some what fit the bill. Now I know better, lol. Anyway, my RF T3 mids sound "ok" without tweets but apples to oranges. I didn't expect them to be full range and bright or whatever but meh, live and learn.

I think I will just cross them at 150 hertz, under power them, and let them sound like poop till I can finish the front stage. I have all the gear but who has time to do panels, lol, not me!

Anyway, thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Might post a distance test of pop that coochie just for Kylar :peepwall:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

"I think I will just cross them at 150 hertz, under power them, and let them sound like poop till I can finish the front stage. I have all the gear but who has time to do panels, lol, not me!"

that hurts my soul a little bit.

How bout a bandpass filter...because thats what they need. Like 150-4k....

"I think I will just cross them at 150 hertz, under power them, and let them sound like poop till I can finish the front stage. I have all the gear but who has time to do panels, lol, not me!"

Why hurt your soul? Got your PM bro, thanks!

Crescendo says 80-5600 is their range so maybe 150-5000 I set them because the crossovers for the FT1's is 5k+?? I'm asking

I think the Crescendo s800/4 has BP crossovers ability, will have to check.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Crescendo says 80-5600 is their range so maybe 150-5000 I set them because the crossovers for the FT1's is 5k+?? I'm asking

That sounds reasonable. I misunderstood your post a little but without a tweeter its still going to sound bad until you add the ft1s. and sorry I wrote you a book back.

problem is you won't be able to know without some type of response graph. I would hope that crescendo could give you one though. Just so you can get an idea. Otherwise you may have to make your own with REW and a measurement mic. You're moving in the right direction though

• 1 month later...

That sounds reasonable. I misunderstood your post a little but without a tweeter its still going to sound bad until you add the ft1s. and sorry I wrote you a book back.

problem is you won't be able to know without some type of response graph. I would hope that crescendo could give you one though. Just so you can get an idea. Otherwise you may have to make your own with REW and a measurement mic. You're moving in the right direction though

Real PA drivers have most measurements you'd need, crescendo not. I wonder why...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived