ALPINE408 Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 I have an aftermarket deck and my steering wheel controls still work??? You know they sell a module for that..... You need to toss the hi lo Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Joe X Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 I read about using 68kohm resistor inline instead of the hi lo converter. Can anyone tell me if this will solve my problem? Why would they sell LOCs then?
reedal Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 Buy an adapter harness to keep your controls with a new HU... PAC http://www.pac-audio.com/products.aspx What LOC are you using? You could be clipping the signal with the gains on that thing. Other options of retaining stock radio are buying a processor, or a better LOC that hasn't been known to distort/clip the input signal, such as Rockford fosgate or audio control. DD-1 since you don't want to oscope it. There's a SMD tool map to find someone close to you so you can ask them if they'll tune for you. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
DubNDodge Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 Oh buy a decent hi lo. I did an install for my buddy who has a dodge caliber and I got some 100$ converter. audio control lci1 or something like that. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
_paralyzed_ Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 Oh buy a decent hi lo. I did an install for my buddy who has a dodge caliber and I got some 100$ converter. audio control lci1 or something like that. Audio Control LC2i
Dominic Tursini Posted June 2, 2015 Author Report Posted June 2, 2015 Thanks for all the replies. I will try play with the gains and try find an oscope. Will keep updated
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.