Karkov Posted June 6, 2015 Report Posted June 6, 2015 What is the number one cause of pink noise through mids/tweets? Amp=Crescendo s800/4 brand new when hooked up mids/tweets tried 2 - RF T3 (used) 2 - RF 1" tweets (new and used) 2 - RF coax (used) 3 - Crescendo PWX 6" (new) Doesn't matter what the settings on the amp are at. Doesn't matter what voltage is at. Doesn't change according to alternator RPM changes. I even tried 2 ohms to amp all 4 channels, 4 ohms, 1 channel only, chopped speaker wire down to 1 foot long to brand new speakers and same thing. The noise does for whatever reason some times it's loud with volume at 0 and some times not. Some times I can hear it playing a song with volume 36/40. I have 4 grounds going to frame that I used a grinder on for pure metal, copper SHCA lugs crimped with 16 ton hydraulic crimper and SHCA 2/0 OF (huge grounds) these grounds go to my battery bank negative, and all amps are grounded to battery bank negative. I get no interference through either sub amp. In all other set ups I don't remember having this problem. It's not alt whine. I also tried some what separating my wires from one another where ever they touched but couldn't do it completely, just wanted to see if there was any change to see if I was headed in the right direction and it made no difference. ALL wire in my set up is SHCA OFC or top tier RF RCA's. I use a remote relay kit from CE electric (Tony). all amps and power wire runs are fused. Voltage never higher than 14.9 Voltage never lower than 14 (yet) Maybe I am forgetting something else I have tried but I am curious what I can try next. Some times it's not real loud and other times it's real loud but I can't figure out what triggers it. When i start vehicle some times there, some times not. Some times I can make it through 6 songs before it shows up. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Karkov Posted June 6, 2015 Author Report Posted June 6, 2015 Switched to a different Crescendo amp mounted in different location. Noise is almost non existent. If I put my ear right up to the mids then shut everything down i can hear it but otherwise seems decent. I might try and change location of first amp and see if it goes away or if it's the amp, only common denominator. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
_paralyzed_ Posted June 6, 2015 Report Posted June 6, 2015 I was going to say try a different amp. Are both ct 4 channels gone?
TaylorFade Posted June 6, 2015 Report Posted June 6, 2015 I believe what you're referring to is "noise floor".
Karkov Posted June 6, 2015 Author Report Posted June 6, 2015 I was going to say try a different amp. Are both ct 4 channels gone? Yes, both CT 4 channels gone. I believe what you're referring to is "noise floor". Not sure? How do I get rid of it? Switched back to original amp in different location and seems fine so far I guess but only listened to about 3 songs. Time will tell. I'm not *real* sure what the culprit is/was. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Karkov Posted June 7, 2015 Author Report Posted June 7, 2015 Will do some more testing today. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
TaylorFade Posted June 7, 2015 Report Posted June 7, 2015 Lower the gain position and use more volume (if you have it). See if it gets better. If so... you may need more input voltage.
deathcards Posted June 7, 2015 Report Posted June 7, 2015 are you using the factory ground on the H/U try making a different ground i hear the factory ground can be a culprit check rca's also make sure you don't have power running right over the rca's cause most rca's are not shielded and can cause problems i found that out the hard way but didn't fully fix my problem skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
bolanorthhighlands Posted June 7, 2015 Report Posted June 7, 2015 https://instagram.com/p/3oyk6hsJV1/ Instagram video My 2002 Kia Spectra LS My YouTube Channel
Karkov Posted June 7, 2015 Author Report Posted June 7, 2015 Made a post outside picture thread? lol, jk man. yea, that's weird, and REALLY loud. Yours isn't static but it's also not alt whine. I am noob so IDK, maybe make sure ground are fucking perfect (in every way)?? Set settings appropriate? Relay on remote wire? line driver? processor? I know nothing about your set up 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.