pk222 Posted June 14, 2015 Author Report Posted June 14, 2015 I already sent the kit back. Their offering to cover it under warranty but I'm just gonna ask for a refund
firebirdude Posted June 14, 2015 Report Posted June 14, 2015 and that they don't recommend running the crossovers in the kit with an amp. What is everyone's opinion on this? Say whaaa? So they don't recommend their own crossovers? Or only if you're power them off deck power??! No fucking way they would say that to you......
pk222 Posted June 14, 2015 Author Report Posted June 14, 2015 That's what they said.. And I was just as confused so I posted here.
SIDE SHOW Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 see if they will replace them under warrenty
pk222 Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 They're offering to replace them under warranty, but after already having both tweeters go out on me within a few weeks and then being told they don't recommend using their crossovers off anything other than deck power I'd like to try something else.
pk222 Posted June 20, 2015 Author Report Posted June 20, 2015 So the last time I talked to soundqubed they told me the coil burnt on the tweeter. There still waiting on the rest of the kit to arrive to see what happened. I asked if I could get a refund and they said they don't do refunds... I'm looking at those jbl's but the kit is 2 ohm and I'm trying to run 4 ohm. This is starting to get ridiculous
pk222 Posted June 21, 2015 Author Report Posted June 21, 2015 It should be. But I'm worried about the amp getting to hot. When I had the 4 ohm mb quarts in the front doors and mb quart coaxles in the rear my amp would overheat driving to work about 40 minutes. It could be because my amps are in my spare tire well but my sub amp never overheats and never has. But one of my rear speakers was starting to go out so that could be the reason
reedal Posted June 21, 2015 Report Posted June 21, 2015 Did it protect or just get hot? Unless it protects, don't worry about it much. And if it does, get some fans on it. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.