Jump to content

opinions on door speakers for s10


SMF93

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok guys im thinking about switching out my alpine coaxial 6.5" door speakers for some of these

2015-06-14-22-36-48-1699533452_zpsjwlvyhIt will be for my s10.,,but i have no idea where to start or what to use to deaden the doors also should i make rings out of MDF... and what else lol. Also would need to make a spot for these if i went that route

images_zps68oepebz.jpeg

Maybe the tweeters are overkill... idk maybe something different would e better suited. I want my midbass to be louder and play with more authority and want my highs to be louder. Any insight is appreciated. its just a possible idea for the future thanks guys

Posted

Pro audio isnt for everyone. I would never run it. I understand when people need to get hella loud to keep up with a high DB substage. I like my mids and highs to be super clean and be able to get loud as well.

Tons on options out there. Good luck man.

Posted

I'd take those alpines and amp them up, reinforce the doors, and call it a day before I wasted my time buying more drivers for possibly the same output ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I have a 97 s10. I deadened the shit out of my doors and sealed them up completely. I replaced the stock speakers with a set of image dynamics xs65 comps. They allow you to mount the tweeter on the woofer like a coax, this is what I did cause it was easy. They sound pretty good and have decent mid bass. Spendy though.

Posted

Oh i forgot to add I have a small U.S. merlin amp for my door and dash speakers...but I guess im going to deaden my doors then go from there. Anybody know a good set of 6.5" coaxials that are loud and sound descent?

Posted

Well...if this gives you a idea.....

1 of my door speakers was $150 and that was cheap, I only have 4 speakers. So you may want to change up your budget a bit if you can. Precision power has a really nice passive 3-way component set for like 240$-300 that would sound really nice with the mid-bass in the door and the mid and tweet up higher by the sail panel I think its called.

If not keep what you have and spend the money on install items such as sound deadening.

deadener + mass loaded vinyl or second skin luxury liner.

db3 is cheap MLV but its a pain to work with.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 639 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...