Sonic Electronix

urethane is strong. it holds your glass in. if you prep the area, it won't let go.

Will it have some give to it once it dries? Like will it flex with the roof? My plan is to use something that will have some give/flex to it, then add some more support by means of wood, then make some sort of false roof with mdf or something similar.

i wouldn't keep playing the truck until you get those issues fixed. Its all fun and games until the roof is ripped.. My baby will be in the hospital for 3 weeks in recovery.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

i wouldn't keep playing the truck until you get those issues fixed. Its all fun and games until the roof is ripped.. My baby will be in the hospital for 3 weeks in recovery.

I saw what happened to your car lol. I can't play right now any way, as a fet went bad in my amp. I won't be playing again until I get the roof braced, and get my nendo in :-)

I saw what happened to your car lol. I can't play right now any way, as a fet went bad in my amp. I won't be playing again until I get the roof braced, and get my nendo in :-)

cool.. Once thing i have been told is that if you are going to weld to the roof you need to make sure there is no give or the rips will go around the welds. Also you are going to have to re paint the top because the welds are going to fuck up the paint. a suggestion would be kerfing some mdf and applying it to the roof and letting it cure. That should add enough strength and not fuck up the paint. This is out of my relm and i had to rely on may friends to figure out what to do with my car. Hopefully you will get yours figured out and it will not cost as much.

Good luck

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

cool.. Once thing i have been told is that if you are going to weld to the roof you need to make sure there is no give or the rips will go around the welds. Also you are going to have to re paint the top because the welds are going to fuck up the paint. a suggestion would be kerfing some mdf and applying it to the roof and letting it cure. That should add enough strength and not fuck up the paint. This is out of my relm and i had to rely on may friends to figure out what to do with my car. Hopefully you will get yours figured out and it will not cost as much.

Good luck

I was never considering welding, as I knew the side effects that could/would happen from it. That's why I came here, to find an alternate route. Like I said a couple posts ago, my plan is to get the braces re-attached via some sort of adhesive, add some more support, then do something along the lines of what you said, such as kerfing/forming mdf as a new kind of false roof.

Urethane does have give...its similar to a rubber consistency but a little stiffer.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Lord fusor

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived