**** you Comcast! (IT Question inside)

Unplug it from the wall, wait a few minutes, plug it back in.

While you're at it reset the modem as well.

Oh, I have done that but it's been a while. Will do again, thanks.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

My modem router I have has an actual reset button too. I hit that first then unplug it and plug it back in after 5-10 mins.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Can other peoples wifi effect mine? We lived outside of town and none of the neighbors had wifi we could detect and our internet worked great. Now we live in town with like 10 other internet wifis around us and our internet is super slow and blinks off and on sometimes. Ive also noticed that everyones cable and internet run on the same main line at the telephone pole. Could to many people sharing the same main signal be causing it?

i did that test...

Buffer bloat=B

Quality=D

Speed=F

after one test...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I used to work for an ISP in their teir 2 tech support. I freaking hated it because they slapped a quota on us and called it a "sales goal." We would get people calling in for technical support issues and have to sell them crap when they didn't have a working product. It was really annoying too cause most of the girls in my department were awesome at sales but sucked at actually fixing the problem. They would have customers calling back in multiple times and finally get someone like me that would have to inform them that they were fed a bunch of crap and we would get to the root cause. The whole thing about the modem is just a new trend to open up sales negotiations... Also, when you call into Comcast, you are not actually talking to a Comcast employee... They contract all of their work out to a 3rd party that handles your connection and has a pretty limited understanding or control of the whole connection and their main goal is to get you off the phone with more products than before.

You'll never get exactly what your advertised speed is when surfing the net. Too many variables to consider.

Sure you can. I have the 100Mbps service through Comcast and I get 115Mbps all the time. Sure there are variables that slow things down and some speed tests use certain files to skew speeds, but fire up some newgroups downloads and see what really happens. ;)

what you guys fail to realize is that most of your slow speeds and or cut offs are solely based on 2 things, old modem that can't handle the upgraded firmware and high mgb and a major part of it is the install itself. i used to do lots of tech trouble calls and what I've seen often over and over again is tech installers don't upgrade to the correct modem, but the major problem and most important is the installation. do you guys know that 90% of customer trouble calls including slow or not the correct speeds they are paying for is do to incorrect crimped fittings or old rg59 fittings. technicians are supposed to change all old fittings to standard ones and crimped them correctly not only that but there is a specific way the white insulation in the cable and the center cca conductor go in a specific fitting. most techs strip the cable to far or to short and all it takes is that little mistake for the signal running through the cable to bleed out the fitting, and the result is what all you guys are experiencing. theres more as well, the fittings need to be torqued specifically to there requirements. they have to check the signal is nearly perfect before and after they are done. the meter they use will give them information if a specific cable has a short or if its a old line in witch they need to replace. the reason the techs don't go all out on the installation like they are required to do is because they get paid by the job and wanna hurry up and get to the next one, the more jobs they do the more money they make, so they don't take the time to check everything like they should. I'm telling you guys everytime i hear a customer say this company sucks or this or that and when i find the problem is almost always the tech that didn't go over the full install and used existing cabled and fittings that were already there, they could of been there for a week by a previous tech or for years and all it takes is a fitting to mess things up.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

what you guys fail to realize is that most of your slow speeds and or cut offs are solely based on 2 things, old modem that can't handle the upgraded firmware and high mgb and a major part of it is the install itself. i used to do lots of tech trouble calls and what I've seen often over and over again is tech installers don't upgrade to the correct modem, but the major problem and most important is the installation. do you guys know that 90% of customer trouble calls including slow or not the correct speeds they are paying for is do to incorrect crimped fittings or old rg59 fittings. technicians are supposed to change all old fittings to standard ones and crimped them correctly not only that but there is a specific way the white insulation in the cable and the center cca conductor go in a specific fitting. most techs strip the cable to far or to short and all it takes is that little mistake for the signal running through the cable to bleed out the fitting, and the result is what all you guys are experiencing. theres more as well, the fittings need to be torqued specifically to there requirements. they have to check the signal is nearly perfect before and after they are done. the meter they use will give them information if a specific cable has a short or if its a old line in witch they need to replace. the reason the techs don't go all out on the installation like they are required to do is because they get paid by the job and wanna hurry up and get to the next one, the more jobs they do the more money they make, so they don't take the time to check everything like they should. I'm telling you guys everytime i hear a customer say this company sucks or this or that and when i find the problem is almost always the tech that didn't go over the full install and used existing cabled and fittings that were already there, they could of been there for a week by a previous tech or for years and all it takes is a fitting to mess things up.

I remember once I switched to AT&T and they came out to install their equipment. The tech that came out was amazing. He actually explained all of what you did right now about the coax fittings, and he actually replaced a bunch of ours that comcast had installed because he said they were all screwed up. AT&T CS may be shit, but so far all the techs I have had ever come out to my house have been great and brutally honest with us, unlike comcast however.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm