Second Skin Audio

ADVICE on how to hit 20Hz hard with my planned setup?

its really alot to factor in... how much power. ....what drivers? ( 18s will do better then 12s for hitting 20 hz IMO)... and port area compared to the sized box you want... ALL OF this will in a sense calculate what you want to tune..

if you want me to look into it more, with maybe a box design shoot me a message ill be happy to help

That would be wicked brother.

This is what I'm going with

-1×18" Soundqubed hdc4

-2x soundqubed total 4600 watt rms @ 2 ohm LINKED/CHAINED. (however I will be only getting one of these amps this month and another next monrh)

SO...................

-1x soundqubed qm2200.2 /w2300 watt rms @1ohm

-aand a ported box between 5 and 7 cubes. I will have exact measurements for you tomm night

-

Built with 1"mdf, coated with truck bed coating to add stiffness and seal off leaks. and tuned from 31-33 hz like everyone suggests. SINCE WITH THE POWER I'm throwing at this 18 I'm sure I'll be able to hit low low low.

Is it possible to make a square tube sub box. Like a giant rectangle. And put my 18 inch driver at the top facing up to the roof. With a number of channels inside which then feed the vent (located at the bottom on floor facing driver side back window? That sounds really good in MY HEAD........thoughts?

Due to this box taking up an entire third of my back seat from ceiling to floor and one entire back seat in width and length.in I can't really have the driver doen low as the excursion will rub it off shit. I gotta keep driver posted up high somewhere.

Like I said exact measurements tomm. Once again I'm in all your debt I'm off for the night. Talk tomm

i dont have experience with those but you should look into some Fi sp4.. those dont have a problem getting low and sounding good

you can also get a single amp that is rated at 3500 watts at 1 ohm. get a dual 2 ohm sub and wire each coil to each output on the amp.. thats basically what youre trying to do but with only one amp and you save money

i dont have experience with those but you should look into some Fi sp4.. those dont have a problem getting low and sounding good

you can also get a single amp that is rated at 3500 watts at 1 ohm. get a dual 2 ohm sub and wire each coil to each output on the amp.. thats basically what youre trying to do but with only one amp and you save money

Fi is 674.00 us

Hdc4 is 430.00 us

Fi is said to hit lower but tuned properly hdc4 hits just low or close to

H

soundcubed gives me a discount of 100 bucks for buying sub and amp. Since I'm in Canada shipping is 130 bucks for sub and amp with qubed

100 bucks with fi for just sub.

Money wise soundqubed makes more sense. This is a daily driver and yes I want to get low. But if I throw 4600 watts tat this 18 tuned right in right box. I think we can acheive that for a better price. And the 350 I save gets me another xs power 3300 amp batt:)

So I think I'm set for now. And if this guy blows maybe I'll check out fi next. I do appreciate the advice tho. There was a link earlier on how to tune the qubed just right in what box with what amp. I can go from there I think. I think ill also just dish out the extra cash for the qubed 4500 amp as one amplifier makes more sense.

Fi is 674.00 us

Hdc4 is 430.00 us

Fi is said to hit lower but tuned properly hdc4 hits just low or close to

H

soundcubed gives me a discount of 100 bucks for buying sub and amp. Since I'm in Canada shipping is 130 bucks for sub and amp with qubed

100 bucks with fi for just sub.

Money wise soundqubed makes more sense. This is a daily driver and yes I want to get low. But if I throw 4600 watts tat this 18 tuned right in right box. I think we can acheive that for a better price. And the 350 I save gets me another xs power 3300 amp batt:)

So I think I'm set for now. And if this guy blows maybe I'll check out fi next. I do appreciate the advice tho. There was a link earlier on how to tune the qubed just right in what box with what amp. I can go from there I think. I think ill also just dish out the extra cash for the qubed 4500 amp as one amplifier makes more sense.

Say what? the Sp4's are in the 400 range 464 and 494

http://store.ficaraudio.com/sp4-series/

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Must of been reading on a different one. Id Still save money with discount of sub and amp and combined shipping of around 200 bucks which is about 280 in Canada.

Which isn't anything to laugh at. Money's money. I dunno bro I could always do some research. Both sound a good sub from reviews

When you say hit low with authority what exactly are you meaning?

Like put up a big number at 20hz or what?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm still curious as to what music you have that has 20hz. Maybe I missed it. Even most of the decaf songs I've seen only get down to 25

I'm still curious as to what music you have that has 20hz. Maybe I missed it. Even most of the decaf songs I've seen only get down to 25

My homeboy Jeff Abel (excision as everyone else knows him) has a bunch of shit down to lower 20. Lotta dubstep and trap I got will play down there. More trap hop than anything uses around 20hz. I got rank dnb tracks in the lower 20s.

The biggest reason I want 20. Is got I got a track from a mafia that I thought once I got my jlw713 I'd be able to hit this one bass line that has eluded me for 5 years. Sadly the dub 7 in a ported box tuned to 32 hz with 1200 watts didn't even fucking turn over when that bass line hit. I hate being defeated and if I can make a daily system that can play that one fucking tracks bass line. I'll be happy. I may not be as experienced as u guys or a fiend for competing. But I'm a bass head through and through. And I want to hit every low I can. If that's enough reason for yall.

Archived