Mechman Alternators

only getting a 14.0 volt charge with new alt..

I have an 07 F-150 with the 5.4 with a 250a Mechman and mine charges at 14.3 on start up. Throughout the day it will drop to around 13.7 but I've heard that it's normal because of something to do with the PCM. I've never experienced what you're talking about with the voltage going down while revving it. If anything, on really cold mornings, I've seen my voltage go up from 14.3 to 14.6 while driving.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

what size pulley is on yours JHunt?....

2004 F-150 Lariat

2 PGold 800 rms amps to subs

1 Hifonics 640.4 brutus to m/h

4 a2-65 6" percisionpower-mids

4 PT.2 tweets percisionpower-hi's

2 12" PA mofo's/box by "dave the box guy"

big 4 0/1 g front to back / 2 optima yellow tops

nutin special....

I have a smaller pulley on mine but I installed new 1 inch shorter belt, new tensioner, new pulleys, etc still only 14.2 maybe in the early mornings. No belt slip or black residue. After that 14.0 all day even with system not playing and drops to 13.9 when pressing on the gas. Mechman has not got back to me yet left a message. Also mine is not PCM controlled so I should be seeing benefits with this alt. Tested voltage directly from the alt again this morning upon first crank of the day and 14.2. Car has been sitting overnight 10+ hrs and only 14.2.WTF.

When I first installed 3 months ago it was 14.4 at start up. Losing volts on a new alt has me confused. Nothing has changed in my system but the lower voltage.

Just speaking from personal experience. I made the mistake of tightening the bolt but due to a bad angle it was not snug against the alt. the bolt slowly came loose and my voltage died. After I noticed it, I bought a couple of 12 in extensions and tightened the bolt correctly. Lesson learned. I will never rush to install an alt again and definitely not after midnight again.

If this is not your case then carry on :P

my whole point about this is..my amps and everyone else's say they need 14.2 or 14.4 volts to run optimum ..and i dont have that...am i wrong.?.do i not need 14.4 volts for the amps????? ..or is it all about the alternator amperage?..someone school me plz..heh

2004 F-150 Lariat

2 PGold 800 rms amps to subs

1 Hifonics 640.4 brutus to m/h

4 a2-65 6" percisionpower-mids

4 PT.2 tweets percisionpower-hi's

2 12" PA mofo's/box by "dave the box guy"

big 4 0/1 g front to back / 2 optima yellow tops

nutin special....

Well since you ignored it. What do your batts float at? Individually and after 24 hours not charged

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

my whole point about this is..my amps and everyone else's say they need 14.2 or 14.4 volts to run optimum ..and i dont have that...am i wrong.?.do i not need 14.4 volts for the amps????? ..or is it all about the alternator amperage?..someone school me plz..heh

That's why you buy amps rated at 12v.. Yes 14.4 gives you more amp power but with a legit amp you can dip in the 12v range and still get rated power