Single Din HU with HD Radio and SiriusXM with no clipping

I got mine from sonic electronics for like $212 last December. No issues.

i called and they won't honor that price. They said we don't even get them that cheap! haha

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

Maybe it was a Black Friday deal or something. I don't remember. Just do some browsing and find the cheapest you can from a reputable dealer

Pioneer deh-80prs

Im reconsidering my priorities actually. I just submitted a RA to see if they will accept my return for the unopened SiriusXM SXV300v1. I actually only had satellite radio on dish years ago and it was a nice to have for me. I was doing research after you said it sucked and that the antennas sucked.. that its unlistenable. I got kind of sad LOL.

I lot of people stand behind the deh-80prs so I may order it tomorrow if they accept my return request. Also if you know the best place to buy these LMK :)

80prs is pretty good, although the menus are trash. Next time around I'm finding a different unit, probably an Alpine.

so to enable network mode I need 2 4 channel amps for the

Pioneer deh-80prs

Project Build Log

I never had issue with XM reception, and Ive been running a very old tuner for the last 6-7 years. Driving through downtown Chicago, Milwaukee and any other area that has crazy high skyscrapers no issues at all.

I havent had active service in my truck for the last 2 years ago though since the truck was just parked, but I keep getting free passes here and there and listen then and still works fine.

HD radio it is very hit and miss and is not the same as XM and the signal strength blows for HD radio unless your in a big city close to radio stations broadcasting in HD.

HD radio signals are generally 30-50 miles, but this is dependent on the stations broadcasting power. People say that if the typical radio station is a 100,000 watt signal then their HD signal is 1/10th of that being 1000 watt HD signal.

Id pass on HD, but if it comes included and your lucky to be in the area with it cool, but if your in the boondocks XM maybe something for you.

I use to pay for XM just to listen to the Opie & Anthony show, but Anthony got fired for calling a chick that punched him in the park a savage on twitter.

Pioneer deh-80prs

Maybe... What's the setup you're going for? Speakers/subs and amps.

Good question

Pioneer deh-80prs

Maybe... What's the setup you're going for? Speakers/subs and amps.

I just bought the Pioneer DEH-80PRS right now this second. I also got the XS Power D6500 shipped for 225.25 directly from them. (b stock) SOOOO Im going for the best setup I can with the equipment that I have now. I can't justify buying anything else now. I still haven't installed anything :( I have 3K invested and I haven't even heard it yet. haha. So Im just waiting on wire, hu, and battery in the mail and I'm going to have a build log. :)

Project Build Log

Network mode allows you to run active. When you get the 80prs there will be two little booklets, one that instructs you how to operate the radio, and one that tells you how to install it (sleeve, network mode switch, and some other switch I can't think of, and the layout of the wire harness). The two switches are on the chassis, and you have to have the mounting sleeve off in order to switch them to the proper settings. Just make sure you read the directions. If you don't get the booklets, you can find them on pioneers site under documentation for the 80prs.

Archived