Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Got Bored Cool Box


Recommended Posts

Posted

i dont know why people want to tune to resonate freq of a vehicle. Would that not create a peak in output at that freq? Why not tune to where you get the flattest response curve?

Maybe there are two schools of thought on this. 1 being "im going to compete and i want to win so who cares how it sounds" and " i like to listen to music and hate a box that goes boom boom boom boom boom boom"

Am i missing somehting?

Posted

i dont know why people want to tune to resonate freq of a vehicle. Would that not create a peak in output at that freq? Why not tune to where you get the flattest response curve?

Maybe there are two schools of thought on this. 1 being "im going to compete and i want to win so who cares how it sounds" and " i like to listen to music and hate a box that goes boom boom boom boom boom boom"

Am i missing somehting?

DEEEBEEEEZ is all that matterzzzz!!

Duh.

Who cares about music :-P

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

...Please Ttritcum, if I am speaking blasphemy, stop me.

I think your post pretty much hit the nail on the head.

To expand on what you said a little bit, in my opinion the importance of tuning the front chamber to the match the Fb of rear chamber is a bit overstated in the car audio world. I think people run into a lot more issues from trying to use a sub that is inappropriate for 4th order bandpass use.

Yeah lots of people buy then design. If I ever went with a 4th as a design I would pick a sub with a EBP of below 50 from the get go. I have been eyeing a single sa12 in a 4th for ever.

Strangeduck, I was speaking of tuning to the resonant frequency of the sealed section.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

to the sub does pretty well in a sealed box, this also could be a factor alot of people try to run them in to small of a ported box because they lack room. As of now im trying to get ideas. as apparently no one has ts parameters and i have to test the sub myself when ever murphy decides to start on it

the New PWK of woofer building?

Posted

not really anything related to op, but I have been told this...

When building a bandpass wall, build the entire enclosure, install the sub in the sealed side but do NOT assemble or install a loading wall/port of any sorts. For SPL purposes, keep in mind... Use the sealed side to find the resonant/peak cabin frequency, then build your loading wall/port to that number.

But then again, the guys saying this wouldn't play music, but they did go brrrrrrRRRAAAPPPPpppp really well

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

why 2 ports? seems like that will just create more port surface area then you need to, more port surface area more resistance

Kenwood excelon ddx795

 3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

                              3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3074 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...