Why are specialty batteries more $ than group batts

The telecom batteries are not ideal for car audio. No matter how many people use them as such they are not designed for the rapid recharge and discharge that we put them through. They are designed to be charged and sit with a charge on them until the power goes out and then give you enough juice to shut down the systems cleanly. The discharge rate among other factors make telecom batteries different. Now I'll wait for some one to come and tell me just how awesome their telecom batteries are and how long they have had them and beat on them

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Cause its a 155lb battery

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Well supposedly the new nsb SMS batterys have a phenominal recharge and discharge rate..they look like telecom batts but they say stereo, marine, and specialty on them. but idk all the real facts every company is doing one thing.. try to sell batteries. I see alot of guys in the midwest having awesome lucl with them

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

What Nate said. Those batteries are meant as uninterrupted power supplies, and only supposed to give you enough time to either fix the main power loss, or shut down the equipment they're supplying in enough time to prevent a hard shutdown/power up because it can damage the equipment.

Anyone have any input on the new nsb sms batts? Are they not a telecom batt or classified as something else?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

frankly i don't care what they were made for. from what i know it holds up and does its job, simple. my other vehicle had 3 xs d3100's powering a DDm4a at half ohm dropping to low 12's with singer alt theres also a DDs2b and 2 other 4 ch's. i replaced it with the nsb sms400 battery and it stays at the mid 13v mark. now for one battery thats impressive.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived