Watch Enthusiasts - Educate Me

Way too many posts to reply too. Going to pass on that Balmer watch. Roman numerals isn't a look I want.

The resort I work for has Nixon and Fossil in one of their shops. I get a decent discount so I was looking at one of those. Any experience on those brands?

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

Like Chambers said, it's a personal experience. For me, I only buy Skagen watches. I have 4. Troll on Ebay for SKagen Men's Watches. Expect to pay $65 for a basic stainless to $165.00 (Originally $295) for the carbon face. They make stainless, titanium, leather, and rubber bands. The only thing with Skagen is -although they are sporty as hell. ULTRA THIN-Definite conversation piece -The glass may scratch easily so protect it as you would your phone.

My favorite is the Carbon Fiber face. I only wear it out when Lisa and I go out.

skagen%20watch_zpsadexh5oy.jpg

I have a titanium, a stainless, a white leather band, and mesh band watch. I have yet to spring for the Black Label series. Since I will probably never wear a tux, I do not see the need for one.

My advice would be to pick up your favorite hobby/sport magazine, look for the interview article and see what he wearing. Most interviews people go all out with the small details like watches.

-Frank

Costco has some nice watches right in your price range. I would check them out.

As for Fosil, they are great. They take care of their watches when you bring them into their stores. If you have a fossil store near you, you should check them out for sure.

Movado makes a pretty decent cheap watch. They wear nice and look pretty sharp. I wouldn't bother trying to get an automatic in that price range. You'll need to really up your game to get something nice.... even the well made automatic movement high end fakes (Japanese made) start at around 350$

He won't get a nice or a real movado for $150. I bought one of the cheaper ones 2 years ago and that cost me around 600

Not at MSRP but resale is very low on them. Check pawn shops or some legit watch dealers online.

Movado makes a pretty decent cheap watch. They wear nice and look pretty sharp. I wouldn't bother trying to get an automatic in that price range. You'll need to really up your game to get something nice.... even the well made automatic movement high end fakes (Japanese made) start at around 350$

He won't get a nice or a real movado for $150. I bought one of the cheaper ones 2 years ago and that cost me around 600

Not at MSRP but resale is very low on them. Check pawn shops or some legit watch dealers online.

I'll agree with that, resale value on watches is horrible.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'll agree with that, resale value on watches is horrible.

Not on my Rolex or Panerai lol

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Yea and rolexes don't even keep time well. I've worked in the industry for years. I would prefer a decent classy watch.. One when I go out and another for a daily driver. I've been lucky enough to be able to use any watch I want while we flipped it. I like the liberty dna a lot..

Good luck on your search though! Post a picture of your wrist when you pick one out!

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

When I bought my Rolex the dealer told me up front, this isn't a watch you use to keep time with, it's watch that gets recognized the minute someone sees it and will pay a few months worth of mortgage should you ever be in a bind. Also, your watch will need to be serviced within 10 years.

The panerai i bought because I liked it and at the time no one had it. With an ETA movement that was reworked by panerai I was happy. Now that everyone has one I need another watch. Bell and Howel is looking good.

BTW, My casios are more accurate than the rolex will ever be!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

I've never even looked at a Rolex since they just aren't my style.

I've had multiple top end bulovas and esq Swiss and some other relatively cheap stuff though.

I keep going back to bulovas though because they really are nice watches even the cheaper ones.

I usually just give my watches away to friends when i get a new one because the resale value on them is basically giving them away anyways.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you know what your looking for and what things are pawn shops can have great deals in them. They refuse to pay anything for watches so you can really go in and beat them up on price. i know a guy that buys brand new Invictas for $30 -$50 from the pawn shop. wears them a week or so and sells them for $75-$100 right off his wrist. he cracks me up

My point is a $50 watch can put a smile on your face just like a $100k watch can. You just gotta be happy with it.

right now i'm rockin my casio G7700 not given a fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Archived