Matching components with silverado

r_sherrer29

I have a 2011 Ext cab silverado that currently has massive 6.5 coax in front and polk 5.25 coax in back for filler. They are running off a kenwood giving them about 80rms a piece. For bass I have a single Sundown X-8 in a ported box at 32hz. I made the wrong move with coax up front and not buying the 3sixty.3 processor so now I am going back and getting the processor and a component set up front. I am also getting a new 4 channel to run the component set and coax in back. My question is, what are some combinations I should start looking into for a 4 channel amp and components? My music choice is hard as it is rap, country, rock, metal, and EDM. All about even, maybe rap a tad more than the rest. Please don't make this a, "Go to store and check them out." I want your opinion on what you like and I will check the recommendations out.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

I say amplify the coax drivers you have with a matching sundown 4 channel and go from there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Price range would help

Would help you decide what he likes to hear?

I will never understand these "tell me what I think sounds good" threads.

Because most these people just want a direction to go in. Sounding good to them & us is a very different Avenue.

Was hoping to have different brands I might not be looking at brought to my attention. I am leaning heavy on a hertz set with a rockford 4 channel. I would like to stay under 400 for the component set.

2011 Silverado Ext Cab

Pioneer 6100NEX

SkyHigh 1/0

XS Power 

Polk db521 coax in rear

Skar 6.5 Components

Sundown SAE1000-D

Fosgate P600x4

Was hoping to have different brands I might not be looking at brought to my attention. I am leaning heavy on a hertz set with a rockford 4 channel. I would like to stay under 400 for the component set.

Members blurting out brand names would turn this thread into a verses thread ... which is not allowed here on SMD.

I suggest Google ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I don't know what your price range is, but I've been really impressed with the quality of the NVX stuff for the money.

edit: just saw you said 400 for the components. Hard to go wrong with anything Hertz/Audison

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived