Second Skin Audio

Why do boxes tune low peak at high levels

Zbak

Buy a different vehicle. Concrete would also help.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

+1 to what both hispls and gckless said.

Depending on the sub specs and the box specs, the peak in raw output can be quite a bit above the tuning frequency.

Then you have what cabin gain does. Every vehicle is difference but many will cause a big boost in output in the 40-50 hz range and then extending below that. The combination of cabin gain and raw box output makes it very easy to peak somewhere in the 40's.

You can correct the peak in raw output by using different box specs and/or different subs. With cabin gain you are just kinda stuck. You can raise the frequency at which it happens by making the cabin smaller (walling off), but the only way to lower it is to make the cabin bigger, which is a bit more challenging :-)

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Like for instance, I had a box tuned to 32 that peaks at 42 wtf

Probably has to do with car gain right and how can I lower it?!!

More often than not these issues can be dealt with, it can be easy or difficult, post a pic and sketch of your box and what vehicle, some pics of the setup.

Archived