Second Skin Audio

Why is Fi so cheap?

Lakeshow94

they build some now.. back then everything besides the amps came from china. they started to build in house after having lots of issues and hiring some guy that i keep forgetting his name

...a thread with so much #win

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

one thing to keep in mind is that sundown under rates the sub by a lot.. the Zv3's i have are rated at 1200 and the motor is as big and heavy as the mayhem minus 1 slug.. you can easily throw way more at it and with the right parts you can make it a 2500+ sub

compare the Zv.3 motor to the havoc that its rated at 1200 and the havoc does not come close to the beast of a motor sundown has.. im not biased.. as you can see im a Ascendant audio/Fi fan but not afraid to say they are not the only top dogs in the game

I know what it is, it cost that much more for the other companies to machine those pole vents.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Fi and Sq are end user companies. No middle man, no dealer, low cost. Guys like DD and Sundown now more so are dealer companies. They put a greater value on their product and sell to just dealers so that local shops can be profitable from their products. Yes DD and Sound Qubed are the same people, they work in the same building. But they are completely different through and through.

boss 1200 and a ipod nano.

one thing to keep in mind is that sundown under rates the sub by a lot.. the Zv3's i have are rated at 1200 and the motor is as big and heavy as the mayhem minus 1 slug.. you can easily throw way more at it and with the right parts you can make it a 2500+ sub

compare the Zv.3 motor to the havoc that its rated at 1200 and the havoc does not come close to the beast of a motor sundown has.. im not biased.. as you can see im a Ascendant audio/Fi fan but not afraid to say they are not the only top dogs in the game

Zv3 is rated 1500 and should be rated at atleast 2500 in my opinion. I don't really think it's a comparable sub.

The zv3 is a beast but so it the havoc. I love some havocs

Is there a reason that Fi subwoofers are cheaper than some of the other brands we all look at? Looking at possibly getting a new woofer/system, the sp4 just seemed like it was too cheap for a 3000 rms woofer (when something like a sundown zv4 costs 200 more and is 1000 watts less). Any ideas?

Don't question the price of badass subs, just buy them. Get some SP4's and be happy.

Archived