Second Skin Audio

Rear loading in an extended cab Chevy truck

Hotdog

Has anyone ever rear loaded in a Chevy extended cab truck. Friend of mine said his sound loudest when the subs are facing the back wall about 8" away. He had asked if I could build him a box for to Rockfod Fosgate RFR1815 subs for his truck. I though since he liked the rear loaded configuration that I would design the box that way.

here is what I have put together so far. The is for a 1994 Chevy extended cab pick up with rear seats removed. The open area to the left side bottom will go over the tire jack box.

Rich%201994%20Chevy%20truck%20Box%201_zp

Though that a piece of MDF mounted to the back could be used to load off of. Otherwise I agree with you it is a weak point

It is definitely weak in my 02 not sure if the 94 is the same.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

two 4" Ports 5.25" long. That is All that is required for the old school Rockford RFR1815. They dont have much xmax 0.244in

two 4" Ports 5.25" long. That is All that is required for the old school Rockford RFR1815. They dont have much xmax 0.244in

I disagree, I don't think that's anywhere near enough port area, but it going to be dependant on how much power you are going to be putting to them.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

He is powering them with a Kicker SX900.2. It is currently hooked up in the original Rockford Fosgate sealed enclosure.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=3591&picture_id=-1

04sx9002.jpg

He is powering them with a Kicker SX900.2. It is currently hooked up in the original Rockford Fosgate sealed enclosure.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=3591&picture_id=-1

On that amount of power I'd use three 4" ports and you should be fine.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived