Second Skin Audio

Box for a sp4 15

Lakeshow94

Looking at doing a sp4 15 in the camry now. What would you guys recommend for the size of the box? Fi recommends 3-5..... I was thinking somewhere around 4.25 cubic feet. Disregarding space would there be a reason not to go bigger (obviously not so huge that the woofer would bottom out). I'll be running it on a zapco z-3kd.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Depends on what you want, if you are looking for raw output just do the 5 net if you can fit, tune low for SP4s.

Yea I planned on tuning around 29-31 hz. Would there be a benefit of making the box 4 cubic feet vs 5?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Depends on what you want, if you are looking for raw output just do the 5 net if you can fit, tune low for SP4s.

^^^^^^ i dont know that amp, nor the power, but, it will dig down, and sound good doing it, with "low" power, in a decent box.

Man i loved my sp4s, .. wish i just kept em... :(

^^^^^^ i dont know that amp, nor the power, but, it will dig down, and sound good doing it, with "low" power, in a decent box.

the z-3kd is 3000 rms true power

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Had a dc 10k on 4. So around 2k legit on each, and i loved it. Added power, 2 6500s, got louder, and they took it fine. Added more, 4- 6500s, (wired up) One per,

and lost some spider joints. No coil failure. Dropped back to 4 3800's,...(one per) They still played for this entire season, until i sold them. Even just a few months ago doing a 51.3 at 28hz for 30 second average, on the dash, one door wide open, for fun That score is in TERM PRO, and certified. A recorded 55.9 at 36 legal. With the rear glue joints split. God i loved those subs.

Had a dc 10k on 4. So around 2k legit on each, and i loved it. Added power, 2 6500s, got louder, and they took it fine. Added more, 4- 6500s, (wired up) One per,

and lost some spider joints. No coil failure. Dropped back to 4 3800's,...(one per) They still played for this entire season, until i sold them. Even just a few months ago doing a 51.3 at 28hz for 30 second average, sealed on the dash. A recorded 55.9 at 36 legal. With the rear glue joints split. God i loved those subs.

they sound like monsters! I wish my car electrical could handle 5-6k. the biggest alt I could fit was a 160-180. I didn't want to do much modification, just wanted a singer drop in. 3k should do well on one though. how much airspace did each speaker have? port area?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

and lost some spider joints. No coil failure. Dropped back to 4 3800's,...(one per) They still played for this entire season, until i sold them. Even just a few months ago doing a 51.3 at 28hz for 30 second average, sealed on the dash. A recorded 55.9 at 36 legal. With the rear glue joints split. God i loved those subs.

they sound like monsters! I wish my car electrical could handle 5-6k. the biggest alt I could fit was a 160-180. I didn't want to do much modification, just wanted a singer drop in. 3k should do well on one though. how much airspace did each speaker have? port area?

im over on space, and WAY under on port :(

Dont listen to me, spite the fact that driver has been the fav ive ever ran ........

Archived