Bob Tzimenatos Posted September 21, 2015 Report Posted September 21, 2015 The plan is 2 15's on ~4k in a Trailblazer. Want to remove the back seats and build below the window line. I would like the subs directly behind the front seats with the port between the front seats. Sorta like a half wall. CuFt is not a problem. Would like to hear opinions for and against this configuration. Music only, playing down in the mid 20's with authority, up to mid 50's. Going three way active on fronts with 8" drivers crossed mid 50's. Port noise issues? Cancellation? School me.
Joe X Posted September 22, 2015 Report Posted September 22, 2015 If firing forward cancellation is possible unless you wall, port noise is not a problem if the port is made correctly.
Bob Tzimenatos Posted September 22, 2015 Author Report Posted September 22, 2015 Thanks JoeX. I'll run the parameters by you as I plan further.
Keith77 Posted September 22, 2015 Report Posted September 22, 2015 Subs up and port to rear is generally best for SUV's Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
Jhunt94 Posted September 22, 2015 Report Posted September 22, 2015 Subs up and port to rear is generally best for SUV's ^this....why are you wanting to do subs front, port front in an SUV? 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
n8ball2013 Posted September 22, 2015 Report Posted September 22, 2015 And ditch the back seat and not wall THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Bob Tzimenatos Posted September 22, 2015 Author Report Posted September 22, 2015 I want to do something different. I won't need the back seats. I want to build below the window line from behind the front seats to the back hatch. Amps and batts will be accessible from the rear hatch. I want the 15" subs firing right behind each front seat, with the port between the seats flappin' shirtsleeves. I am looking for opinions on whether this setup makes sense sonically. I know the distance from the back of the seats to the subs must be taken into account, along with the fact that I want the port a foot from the driver and passenger's head. Think of this build as an extended cab truck build, with gobs of cubic feet for the box. I listen to a lot of bass boosted music and want to feel the low notes rattling my bones, hence the desire to place the subs directly behind the driver and passenger. My current setup (Kicker L5 in 3.25 ft ported) is behind the rear seats in the cargo area and it feels like it's 10 feet behind my vehicle.
Jhunt94 Posted September 22, 2015 Report Posted September 22, 2015 Sonically make sense? Idk about that. Economicly make sense? Not really. Personally to me it doesn't make sense. I don't think the pros of doing what you're wanting is going to out weigh the cons of removing your rear seat just to have the box closer and not doing a wall. There are plenty of people on here that have rear seats, sub up port back set ups, that produce the "sleeve flapping bass" that you want. Also you are talking about two whole different worlds between one Kicker L5, and two decent 15s on 4K. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 22, 2015 Report Posted September 22, 2015 It won't work out the same as an extended cab truck since it's not an extended cab truck. If you're ditching the rear seats just wall it, if not subs up port back is the way to go. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.