gckless Posted September 28, 2015 Report Posted September 28, 2015 I am fortunate enough to live pretty damn close to a very good racetrack, Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX. I recently worked my first ever flag marshal gig, which some of you may remember me posting about. I worked the Lone Star Le Mans event, where both the IMSA TUDOR and FIA WEC endurance races were held. It's a very big pro event for a first time marshal, so I felt pretty lucky. Some photos I took of that are here: http://www.gilbertklessphotography.com/Racing/Lone-Star-Le-Mans-2015/ Well, the Formula 1 US Grand Prix is coming up at the end of October, and I was accepted to marshal that! For those that don't know, Formula 1 is essentially the epitome of circuit racing. This is where all the money and fans are. Normally, in any other country, you have to have a much higher minimum experience to qualify to marshal, something like 12 races and a training session and license, or along those lines. For that reason, I feel extremely lucky, being this is only my second (of many to come, I'm addicted) time marshaling. Very excited for this. Anyone ever attend a Formula 1 event, or anyone attending the USGP? "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
boom50cal Posted September 28, 2015 Report Posted September 28, 2015 Too cool gil, those shots are amazing. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
S15_Silvia Posted September 28, 2015 Report Posted September 28, 2015 I'm thinking about buying tickets to the USGP. But I'll probably be putting a down payment on an Acura. 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
Frank H Posted September 28, 2015 Report Posted September 28, 2015 Some nice panning shots!! Scion xBSinger 275Big 3 OFC 1/0Kenwood ddx492Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12
gckless Posted September 28, 2015 Author Report Posted September 28, 2015 Too cool gil, those shots are amazing. Thanks man! I'm thinking about buying tickets to the USGP. But I'll probably be putting a down payment on an Acura. Nah, do that next month "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
gckless Posted September 28, 2015 Author Report Posted September 28, 2015 Some nice panning shots!! Thanks! This was actually my first time attempting panning. Definitely a bunch I had to throw away, but snagged some decent ones too. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Karkov Posted September 28, 2015 Report Posted September 28, 2015 No idea what threads about, what is USGP?!?!? 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
gckless Posted September 28, 2015 Author Report Posted September 28, 2015 No idea what threads about, what is USGP?!?!? Well, someone didn't read. It's in the OP US Grand Prix. Formula 1. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
tboorn Posted September 28, 2015 Report Posted September 28, 2015 dude that is so awesome you are so lucky!!! ill definitely be there for formula 1. i cant wait. Fidelity Built to Last Team Sound Asleep 24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/ 2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3 2 DD M3b Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors Pioneer DEH-80prs Focal P165 V30 components Rockford Fosgate T-400.4
gckless Posted October 26, 2015 Author Report Posted October 26, 2015 dude that is so awesome you are so lucky!!! ill definitely be there for formula 1. i cant wait. Did you make it? Where did you sit? What did you think? "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.