tenrep Posted October 18, 2015 Report Posted October 18, 2015 im new on here and fairly new to car audio so don't bash me but im wanting to get information on dropping ohm loads things like that where do I look I hear people running at 1ohm or .8ohm wanting to know more about this to change me setup a bit just not sure how to navigate this site yet thanks for the knowledge n help
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 18, 2015 Report Posted October 18, 2015 Welcome to the forum bro, I'm fairly new here myself as well. There's a ton of information on this site and most of the people on here will go out of their way to help you out in any way they can, some will sound like they're bashing you but don't sweat getting some hard truths on things. but to answer your question I would need to know what kind of setup you're running before anyone can answer that.
mcfalcon Posted October 18, 2015 Report Posted October 18, 2015 http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp You can use this for some standard configurations. Still learning but have started gathering.
tenrep Posted October 18, 2015 Author Report Posted October 18, 2015 hey thanks man both of ya ill check out that link the other guy sent very appreciated but im running 2 zv4 18's in a scv4000d the subs are dvc 1ohm with some mids and highs but I finally got them under control at the moment I have them in a wall in my f150 that's all gonna change soon my setup sucks ill post pics wen I find out how to
tenrep Posted October 18, 2015 Author Report Posted October 18, 2015 that pretty much cleared things up for that question haha thanks bro ill have to save that site
mcfalcon Posted October 18, 2015 Report Posted October 18, 2015 No problem buddy. You might have your subs wired to 4 ohm. Because at 1 ohm you should be pretty happy. Still learning but have started gathering.
khinds94 Posted October 18, 2015 Report Posted October 18, 2015 hey thanks man both of ya ill check out that link the other guy sent very appreciated but im running 2 zv4 18's in a scv4000d the subs are dvc 1ohm with some mids and highs but I finally got them under control at the moment I have them in a wall in my f150 that's all gonna change soon my setup sucks ill post pics wen I find out how to If it sucks it's because you did something wrong 03 Sable LS AA mayhem 12" D2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1 Tantric HD 12" D2 Tantric SHD 12" D1 Sundown X12 V2 D2 2.5 cu net Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm XS Power XP2000 Sky High Sound Deadener Sky High wire Stock alt
reedal Posted October 18, 2015 Report Posted October 18, 2015 hey thanks man both of ya ill check out that link the other guy sent very appreciated but im running 2 zv4 18's in a scv4000d the subs are dvc 1ohm with some mids and highs but I finally got them under control at the moment I have them in a wall in my f150 that's all gonna change soon my setup sucks ill post pics wen I find out how toIf it sucks it's because you did something wrong I agree. You say you're new to car audio, and you have zv4 18's in a truck wall, on 4kW, and it sucks? I'm going to say it's installer error. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
magillaru Posted October 18, 2015 Report Posted October 18, 2015 hey thanks man both of ya ill check out that link the other guy sent very appreciated but im running 2 zv4 18's in a scv4000d the subs are dvc 1ohm with some mids and highs but I finally got them under control at the moment I have them in a wall in my f150 that's all gonna change soon my setup sucks ill post pics wen I find out how toIf it sucks it's because you did something wrong This. 2 18s walled with 4k should sound pretty damn good. Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.