First attempt at under dash horns!

Deeznutz

Get a set of horns dialed in right and they will loosen yer moose.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Now I kinda want my goose loosened! Seriously though, it's so ducking tempting to take my truck to Ray at Sonus and give him money and have him tune it!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

How are you tuning? Taking any measurements?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Carnines, yeah I did look at them a few wks ago. To Nasty also commented on them as well.

-Frank

Could do a 3 way that I want to try one day.. Ported mid bass enclosure under seat playing however low you want to 300 hz.. midrange in kick and horns

If you run HLCD correctly, there will be no reason to have a midrange setup (3 way).

Carnines ... I do not understand your post here. Why would you put a midbass enclosure under a seat ?? Midbass is just as directional as everything else.

Deez .. thanks brother. Just throwing ideas around in my head ...

If I can figure out how to get airspace under the truck, they will go in the kicks.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Gckless, Measurements?

I just hope that going with 8" would not cause some sort of imbalance in the front of the car. I barely had the mock horn I made powered. I used the Crossfire CFA302, and the gain knob was barely at 2/10. The sound was "big" too. You can hear it in the video. The Eclipse crossover was used for the 6.5", and the mock horn had the Lanzar X2 crossed at 2.25K. Not sure if there was some overlapping of both(?). As an example, the JL tweeters if you buy them separately, JL recommends running them at 4K 12db/octave. I need to find what Eclipse recommends for their titanium tweeter. I would guess some where around 2.5K or 3k 12bd/octave. (?).

JCarter, do I run the 8" 80Hz to 2.25K based on a 12db/octave? For now I'm using the Lanzar X3 crossover for now. I'd have to see what 24db/octave makes this bandwidth numbers. Eric pushed for 24db/octave and a starting cut off of 1.2K @ 24db/octave.

-Frank

Archived