Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Type Rs died suggestions for a change.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have heard a lot of different subs in different vehicles. Alpine Type R's do really well

there are many factors you have to consider into the equation.

what is going to be best for your vehicle. You will be better off with a proper box with proper volume and a decent sub then having a great sub and not be able to give it the box it requires.

Posted

It's good to hear everyone not totally smash on the type rs. I think I may go with the fi audio ssd15s .2x. I have enough room for the box required 3-4 cubic ft per sub and should still have some cargo room left .

Posted

Ive had type r 12s now for quite sometime . I've never dabbled with 15s but am open to the idea . Looking for suggestions for a change . I hear of fi audio everywhere and I do live in Vegas where they are manufactured but I can't see paying 700 for those .

My charging system is up to par and I have 2000 watts rms to play with . Any suggestions ideas welcome . O also this is for a nissian xterra I'd like to keep a little rear cargo area maybe 3 12s??

You can go for 2 FI X12, I had one X10 (750rms on paper), it could take more than 1000rms without problem, super quality, huge bass for a 10" (so I'm sure 12's will do better), and can play every note from 25 to 50hz in my box (ported tuned @33hz).

You can also go for 1 SSD 15", and if possible with the new "EL" option, 1500rms, but can take 2k5+... 2SSD you won't have enought watts to push them.

I've hear some type R, I prefer FI's bass and quality so far, but they are pretty different and R are cheaper for sure :)

2 X12 = 360$

1 SSD15=244$ + EL option=334$

But FI's worth every penny you spend for them ;)

Keep us informed about your choice :)

Posted

i very recently had 4 type r 12s in a sealed box in my e39 wagon. well one of them went all infinite resistance on me so i upgraded from 4 alpines to 2 american bass xfl1244s and a ported box designed to their spl specs. and holy hell i love it. so much better in every way. I'll tell you this much, i wish i had spent the $170 a sub on the XFLs in the first place.

the alpines and the ABs are run by an american bass ph400md.

if youre budget minded, look into american bass.

Posted

Not trying to knock alpine or anything but i fried the voice coils in 3 type r 15s before i switched to digital designs. the 15" i got from them had a very similar rms rating to the type r's and never let me down, plus it was twice as loud in the same box (prefab). I used to be a huge alpine fanboy but when you start doing your research you realize that there are much better options out there for a lot less money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1779 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...