Second Skin Audio

subwoofer box terminals

ron

What kind of bolts should i use? For subwoofer box terminals (copper,brass,zinc,other)

In terms of which is best for electrical conductivity, copper is best followed by aluminum. Both can be hard to find.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

You can always compensate with bigger bolts. For my single 12" I used four 1/3" galvanized bolts (one per terminal) and I think they're doing a great job.

out of 13 metals... stainless(#13) is one lower than lead (#12), brass is (#7), copper (#2) and aluminum (#4).... the best option is to pass the wires though the box and not use terminals.... because of tensile strength finding aluminum bolts is probably impossible and copper bolts are possible... my work uses copper bolts to attach the copper coils to the heat station blocks for thermal induction hardening, I work with a guy that had them order some for his build and I cant remember the price but it was expensive.... if you really want to go this route I would find aluminum dowels "homedepot" and cut your own treads into them if you have a tap/die kit on hand..... pretty much anytime you add an alloy you lose conductivity "Im sure there is an exception" tin (does not make the list) and copper (#2) makes brass (#7) so this mix is not worth it for this propose but makes a nice faucet

Aluminum bolts are actually pretty easy to find. Most of the big fastener places have them. I get mine from McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/#93306a546/=zpzog9

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived