HOW IMPORTANT is a DSP?

So my dub 7 and jl hd amp got jacked. Which is ok cuz they were shit for the price anyways.

My insurance is paying to get new equipment. Leaving a sub out for now (fi sp4 18" in near future) Ill be strapping two Helix slx for 3300wrms ( helix is the best brand my localnstore carries) and they also carry the helix DSP 56 bit 8 channel.

Obviously dsps are good. But how important are they..am i going to significantly hear the difference. Is it worth the 700 canadian?

Nextquestion is ive done research and helix seems too good to be true. Are they. Do u have experience with the slx anyone?

Thanks in advance. Mike

Oh i should mention runnig hertz mlk2 components with hertz hdp4 amp. And my fi sp4 when i get it will be in a 6 cube ported tuned to 28hz. Im curious as to how dsps affect sub level bass as well.

thanks again

Depends on what you're going to do with it, why you're using it.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Not really sure what u mean what do i plan to do with it. I plan to listen to music with it. Ex:Jungle. Grime .drum and bass. Dubstep. Trap.hip hop.

Im hoping it cleans up the quality of songs. That seems to be what i understand it does. Now Is a dsp someting used for an active system?

Great for control.. Sometimes a headache...

Some are able to get what they want with just a head unit that is able to do 3 way active

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Not really sure what u mean what do i plan to do with it. I plan to listen to music with it. Ex:Jungle. Grime .drum and bass. Dubstep. Trap.hip hop.

Im hoping it cleans up the quality of songs. That seems to be what i understand it does. Now Is a dsp someting used for an active system?

Spend your money elsewhere. DSP is designed to help correct the imaging stage in installs where the speaker placement is less than ideal. It does not clean up quality of recordings.

Now if you have an incredible singer in front of your boots n' pants that is getting lost in the shuffle due to your system limitations--and not due to the recording--then maybe. But I'd get the rest of the system together and tuned up first to see what you are starting with.

Static drops are my bag.

Great for control.. Sometimes a headache...

Some are able to get what they want with just a head unit that is able to do 3 way active

Allright well that helix one sounds apparently more advanced or bwttr quality then most. What im asking is it gonna be worth the price. The 56 bit shit really gonna clean up a 320kps track. Or is more for 190kbps tracks? Do u guys run them?

If im gonna have a sub hitting 28hz or lower am i gonna be able to even hear the difference the dsp makes from my components?

Spend your money elsewhere. DSP is designed to help correct the imaging stage in installs where the speaker placement is less than ideal. It does not clean up quality of recordings.

Now if you have an incredible singer in front of your boots n' pants that is getting lost in the shuffle due to your system limitations--and not due to the recording--then maybe. But I'd get the rest of the system together and tuned up first to see what you are starting with.

Thank you so much. U just saved me 7 bills i can spend else where. Your the man jk

You're in over your head already. Sounds like you need to study up on the purpose of a DSP. Its not gonna "clean up" your grimey-ass dubstep recordings.

No over my head would be wasting my money. buying one then asking wtf do i do with it. With the lil bit of knowledge i had about them i ws able to figure out if i need one or not i have no further need of research as my system sounded amazing to begin with from my hu's active. Problem solved

Archived