Sundown Audio

Old School Punch Amps, $75?

RyanRosier

For the Punch 150 with low output, pull the back cover off and check the internal fuses, I am willing to bet that 1 or 2 of them are toast. The Punch amps that you picked up seem to be "Pre HD" amps and many of them were tossed in the trash because of the little fuses inside. Let us know how it goes! I have 4 to 5 various Punch 150s and they are always great to grab onto. :)

So I could possibly have a blown fuse? Is it a fuse that needs soldered into place?

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

So far, I can't get any output from the EQ, I've never used one so do not know if I even hooked it up correctly, all lights come on though, and barley any output from one of the 150's. Haven't tested anything else since I had work today and school and only had a couple hours to hard wire each one in. Anyone else starting to think I got chumped?

How did you check the eq for output? How did you have it hooked up?

How did you check output on amp?

so fucking jealous right now......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I know right.... OP doesnt know how lucky he is. Must be a young feller. lol i am 44 and would love to have those amps right now.

Even if blown up, there are worth fixing. Of all the amps I buy and sell, these pre HD's are the only ones I haven't had my hands on. Not having some sort of on board crossover always deterred me from buying them. They're like Toyota Tocomas and 4Runners, they hold their value well.

I had a chance to buy 2 SPP 128 for $55 a few months ago on CL, but passed them up because they had crushed dust caps. Kicking myself now because I just scored 4 of the last original RF "Pro Series" dust caps! Now on the look out for 2 SPP 12",15",or 1 18". I want to have "THE PUNCH" RF original lettering in white on my Jimmy's windshield.

Keep us posted on the working condition of the remaining amps.

Great find......working or not!!!!

-Frank

So far, I can't get any output from the EQ, I've never used one so do not know if I even hooked it up correctly, all lights come on though, and barley any output from one of the 150's. Haven't tested anything else since I had work today and school and only had a couple hours to hard wire each one in. Anyone else starting to think I got chumped?

How did you check the eq for output? How did you have it hooked up?

How did you check output on amp?

On the Equalizer, I put my RCA out from my deck into the input. Then took some more RCA's and plugged them into the Subwoofer output, then ran those to my amp input, and the sub moved none. Only moved when the power wire was moved like a back feed.

On the amp I just hooked it up like a normal amp then bridged it with the wires it said to, I didn't have any external resistors (I know it'd be unfiltered but I would have still gotten a signal, just the sub would have been having a lot more frequency range and stuff) I dont know how to word that <-- but when played I got very very minimal output, very hard to hear even after adjusting gains.

I only tested one amp and the crossover, and after readin some more, I pulled the cover and discovered 2 of the 4 fuses were blow, and all the fuses in each of the other amps were in perfect working order so I believe my hopes have been boosted yet again.

I know right.... OP doesnt know how lucky he is. Must be a young feller. lol i am 44 and would love to have those amps right now.

I know what I got ;) lol, these are beautiful amps, classics. I love old school amps

Even if blown up, there are worth fixing. Of all the amps I buy and sell, these pre HD's are the only ones I haven't had my hands on. Not having some sort of on board crossover always deterred me from buying them. They're like Toyota Tocomas and 4Runners, they hold their value well.

I had a chance to buy 2 SPP 128 for $55 a few months ago on CL, but passed them up because they had crushed dust caps. Kicking myself now because I just scored 4 of the last original RF "Pro Series" dust caps! Now on the look out for 2 SPP 12",15",or 1 18". I want to have "THE PUNCH" RF original lettering in white on my Jimmy's windshield.

Keep us posted on the working condition of the remaining amps.

Great find......working or not!!!!

-Frank

Yes in deed, soo glad I made this purchase!

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Well guys, good news! Replaced all my internal fuses and now have a power house of a woofer cooker it seems. (metaphorically) Now, I believe I am just going too keep these amps and replace my kicker zr240 and fosgate punch 500a2. I have not read all the rules a for this forum and have seen that posting links to sites such as eBay are forbidden on other ones. But currently my EQ and the 500a2 is for sale if anyone is interested. I will not post a link to them (being cuatious right now). If this is even wrong to say please forgive me, don't delete my thread, I will quickly edit my comment!

Archived