Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Let's talk subs for 2000 watts


SCATHED

Recommended Posts

Posted

Magic box if you have the time and patience to get one right. And in a single cab, it's reallly not worth it in all honesty. A nice solid built enclosure for 1 12 is just about top notch of what you are going to pull out with best.

Say you go with a Q 12. 2.5 cubes is a bit large for that woofer at 2k watts. 2.0 cubes flat, 1 6 inch aero ported into the b Pillar, would be very nice.

The SPL thing is a hard to judge without just doing it. Really no way to get crazy loud in a single cab without cutting that backwall...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

And if you're gonna do a tline for 2 8s why not do one for 1 Fi 12" and tune it to the subs fs?

Because I already have a 2.5 cubic foot wedge box on hand. Was only going to shell out the extra money to build a t-line if it was worth it. But if I already have an awesome box for a single 12, I might as well save the money if I can

Posted

Idk but you could do a 10 or 12 in a 4th and it would be more musical. I know a guy that went from two sa 12s in a box that was small for them to 1 sa 12 in a box designed for the sub and h said he only like a little over 1 db on his peak but it was better on music than his 2.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Posted

I wouldn't bother with a t-line. A single 12 is your best bet.

No way to know for sure how much output you will lose until you try it but if I were to make a guess I'd figure you will lose around 2-3 db.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I don't know how you're going fit anything with less leg room.considering all those drivers are deep or deeper..have you thought about handfull of 8's

What year of truck and model?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3045 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...