tjennemann Posted November 23, 2015 Report Posted November 23, 2015 Been a while since I have been on the forum so I thought I would throw together a quick build log for my 95 Tahoe. As of now it consists of (2) Level 6 DC 18's on (2) DroppinHZ 5k Amplifiers in a 4th order. These photos are taken 2 days before MidwestSPL finals when I final got the box put into the truck. I Still have to add all the 45s in the corners, resin the box and add a lot of bracing but for doing the install by myself I am not one to complain of how it turned out. This is also my daily driver. So now onto the photos the Subs next to my youngest son the design I did was built as 2 separate boxes. One rectangle sealed box and one "L" shape ported box. Here a quick shot of the first time I used the Kerfing technique. The 2 boxes joined (which was a pain in the ass to do by myself) fast forward to some cleaned up shots rear shot quick shot of the Truck A video from a few days after finals https://youtu.be/9SfO589lljU?list=PLBxrxU4quIDiiMWz3vYhYANiRnGaNB24U I am a mechanical designer and use AutoCAD to design all my boxes. Here is a quick video of a toy I borrowed from work to get the precise measurements for this latest box https://youtu.be/Cfj19IHtavE On a side note both of my boys compete in the Powerwheel class and these are their vehicles that they drive all over the subdivision. Grave digger has (2) SoundQubed 8's and the Firetruck has (2) DC 8's in a 4th order. Travis Jennemann
zack_e89 Posted November 23, 2015 Report Posted November 23, 2015 2 Level 6's in a Chevy - Hell yeah!!! Really nice work! Do you have more pictures of how you assembled that and how you sealed off the sides at the c-pillar? 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
tjennemann Posted November 23, 2015 Author Report Posted November 23, 2015 Here is the box without the trim panels on the side. the blue is ported box the grey is the sealed box Here is a shot showing the Trim pieces in red for the side (eventually I will use foam sealent behind the trim panels Here is a shot of the inside of the box. The 2 boxes are sealed together by screwing the 2 pieces together Travis Jennemann
zack_e89 Posted November 23, 2015 Report Posted November 23, 2015 Wow that's awesome!!!! Any more pictures from in the 'hoe? in LOVE with this build haha 97 Suburban 8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's
tboorn Posted November 23, 2015 Report Posted November 23, 2015 very awesome work and that box is an awesome design! i really like it Fidelity Built to Last Team Sound Asleep 24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/ 2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3 2 DD M3b Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors Pioneer DEH-80prs Focal P165 V30 components Rockford Fosgate T-400.4
tjennemann Posted November 24, 2015 Author Report Posted November 24, 2015 Here are a few more photos I found during the build. another shot of the ported section with no trim panels and the answer as to why a cpillar and not a bpillar......room for the car seats Travis Jennemann
low.n.louddd Posted November 25, 2015 Report Posted November 25, 2015 Love me some level 6s. That's bad ass man Got something in the works for myself... Stay tuned Previous personal builds (3) Fi Sp4 15" 6th 3 Fi sp4 15s, 6th, TFE 8.0. wind.... (6) Fi Sp4 18" DA Burban, 6 Fi Sp4 18s, plexiglass, LEDs, launched windshield on 2500 rms clamped lolz. etc (2) DC level 6 18s 2 Dc Level 6 18s in a civic hatch, NO WALL, my first big pretty build... Builds Ive done for folks: Dannys Van 12 Crossfire XSV4 18"s, 12 Crossfire 8xs, 48 XS Power d1600s, 165.5 SB4 2016 Champ Bobbys Yukon (new and old build) 4 B2 21"s in a 6th, plexiglass, LEDs, LOWSSSSS4 SSA Evil 18s, WIND WIND WIND Jacobs Silverado 2 CT Sounds EXO 15s, 6th order bandpass blowtrough Tonys Burban 6 HDC3 15s, colormatched standard ported, plexiglass, LEDs... etc Sauls Duramax 2 Sundown ZV4 18"s, 4th order blowthrough, plexiglass, LEDs, etc.. Jays Avalanche 2 DC Level 6 18s "blowthrough" plexiglass, LEDs, etc.. Codys Tahoe 4 Tantric SHD 18s, 4th, Ampere TFE 8.0, plexiglass LEDs n shiet Joes G35 4 Sundown SA 12s rammed in a g35 trunk, plexiglass, LEDs, the usual Ericks Lincoln 2 Sundown Zv4 12"s, 4th order trunk bandpass, wood grain, LEDs, etc..
mlodykris Posted December 22, 2016 Report Posted December 22, 2016 Hi there I'm Kris and I live in Belgium I'm very interested in your work i have same subs and I'm going to try build the same box like you did Can you please help me with measurements I drive Chevy Silverado
bsneon98 Posted December 29, 2016 Report Posted December 29, 2016 I love the hubcaps on your truck, they look like dustcaps almost! lolAwesome build, if I have kids one day they will def have a setup in their power wheels! Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152954-1998-plymouth-neon-updates/
dolarbilz Posted December 29, 2016 Report Posted December 29, 2016 Sweet build ..I dig cpillar builds, I'm all about having seating room
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.