MADVIBES Posted December 8, 2015 Report Posted December 8, 2015 Reducing the port size is one of his only options if he keeps the current box, thats all I am saying the port is too big for the air space, if he wants to pound out lower hz. thats all I am trying to say. Feel free to pick on me on you like. I make cars loud. DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY. 156.9@26hz 158.0@30hz
bman8891 Posted December 8, 2015 Author Report Posted December 8, 2015 Alright so first off, I extended the port its 21.5" long tuning my box to 32.5 hz. Secondly, the port is a good 5" from the door it fires at. And as far as box size, its all over thus forum dc subs like smaller boxes. Recommended size is 1.5 cubes each and straight from dc they said they will perform fine down to 1.25 each. Im running them at 1.45 cubes each that's plenty. And its not the super lows that are causing issues its the average tones like 35. The subs are much happier around 25-30 hz. And let me reiterate that with both Windows down everything is fine. I'm destroying my dash its phenomenal lows but if I wanted to compete I run into problems when I seal the cabin.
MADVIBES Posted December 8, 2015 Report Posted December 8, 2015 How big is that box before woofer and port displacement? DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY. 156.9@26hz 158.0@30hz
Krakin Posted December 8, 2015 Report Posted December 8, 2015 Physics don't work like that, MADVIBES. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
rocking.that.eclipse Posted December 8, 2015 Report Posted December 8, 2015 Is it unloading or just having a greater back pressure giving you that hallow sound? I noticed in mine that if I roll all windows up and play a low frequency it has the sound of unloading but they aren't....
ChevyBoy95 Posted December 8, 2015 Report Posted December 8, 2015 MADVIBES, port area isnt calculated of box volume.... it is calculated from cone area. The 12-16sq in of port per cube is to dumb it down as a rule of thumb. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
bman8891 Posted December 8, 2015 Author Report Posted December 8, 2015 Is it unloading or just having a greater back pressure giving you that hallow sound? I noticed in mine that if I roll all windows up and play a low frequency it has the sound of unloading but they aren't.... Too much excursion sounds like coils smacking magnet
Jessica Posted December 8, 2015 Report Posted December 8, 2015 Is it unloading or just having a greater back pressure giving you that hallow sound? I noticed in mine that if I roll all windows up and play a low frequency it has the sound of unloading but they aren't.... Too much excursion sounds like coils smacking magnet edit: are you hearing coils smack the backplate? not always true, some subs arent made that way, you cant smack the backplate, but you can jump the gap. then it sounds like flopping. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
bman8891 Posted December 8, 2015 Author Report Posted December 8, 2015 it's not a sharp sound but it's definitely a smacking or tapping sound
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.