Sundown Audio

Do audiopipe amps put out dirty power?

forrest_siems

I've had an audiopipe apc3000.1d for a couple years now and bang the hell outta it, never really got hot, but i have ran into issues of blowing up subs even with gain at quarter gain, and 0 bass boost. i have blown 2 kicker comp R 15S that came out a couple years redesigned. i blew 2 kicker l7 15's which took about a year to do. now saving to get soundqubed 3.0 18's. but before saving for those i threw in the mtx 12s terminator in sealed box, and the amp only not even half gain...lasted 3 days. i tried rockfordfosgate punch old school in sealed box with amp at quarter way gain, burnt up sezied the coil lasted almost a week. and than finally installed a punch p3 10 in a small ported box. at quarter gain. blew the cone straight out the surround and locked up...? I ALSO HAVE THREE BATTERIES. DOES THE AUDIOPIPE PUT OUT CLOSE TO 3000WATTS EVEN AT LOW GAIN OR SOMETHING?

Sure AP puts out dirty power. So does DC, so does Ampere, so does RF, so does any amp if you don't know how to set it up. It's all a matter of what the components in the amp can process and handle cleanly.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I've had an audiopipe apc3000.1d for a couple years now and bang the hell outta it, never really got hot, but i have ran into issues of blowing up subs even with gain at quarter gain, and 0 bass boost. i have blown 2 kicker comp R 15S that came out a couple years redesigned. i blew 2 kicker l7 15's which took about a year to do. now saving to get soundqubed 3.0 18's. but before saving for those i threw in the mtx 12s terminator in sealed box, and the amp only not even half gain...lasted 3 days. i tried rockfordfosgate punch old school in sealed box with amp at quarter way gain, burnt up sezied the coil lasted almost a week. and than finally installed a punch p3 10 in a small ported box. at quarter gain. blew the cone straight out the surround and locked up...? I ALSO HAVE THREE BATTERIES. DOES THE AUDIOPIPE PUT OUT CLOSE TO 3000WATTS EVEN AT LOW GAIN OR SOMETHING?

Just keep buying and installing drivers. This is very common.

Half gain does not mean half power. You clipped all those woofers to death

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

I thought clipping was when an amp signal gets distorted from amp not able push at that volume, either to do with not enough power to back the amp up? so i figured at half gain it would clean up a bit. is it the qualizer setting from my claRION EQ going to my sub and highs amp causing the problem?

I thought clipping was when an amp signal gets distorted from amp not able push at that volume, either to do with not enough power to back the amp up? so i figured at half gain it would clean up a bit. is it the qualizer setting from my claRION EQ going to my sub and highs amp causing the problem?

You need to watch amp gain with HU signal. Most HU with 4-5v pre outs the gains on amps are like 9-11 o'clock... Only way to tell for sure on clean power is a Oscope or smd DD-1...

if your clarion EQ is boosting input signal then your gain is prly way high

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Me ether.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived