Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosure turorial video series

Hugh G. Rection

Ill tell you guys what, ill do a couple of vids this weekend on a build im doing. Itll most likely be a 1/4 wave tapered transmission line enclosure, and itll be for 3 skar ix subs on a sk800.1 in an expedition.

I tested one of the ix 12s this past weekend in a tapered line on less than 400rms and got it to a 140.1 on the termlab, in the rear seat area of a 4 door nissan titan.

Frequency response was stellar as all frequencies between 38hz and 65hz were all within 2db.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Ill tell you guys what, ill do a couple of vids this weekend on a build im doing. Itll most likely be a 1/4 wave tapered transmission line enclosure, and itll be for 3 skar ix subs on a sk800.1 in an expedition.

I tested one of the ix 12s this past weekend in a tapered line on less than 400rms and got it to a 140.1 on the termlab, in the rear seat area of a 4 door nissan titan.

Frequency response was stellar as all frequencies between 38hz and 65hz were all within 2db.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Did you use Hornresp for enclosure modeling with this build? If so, would you be willing to share your input parameters? I'd love to take a look at them, though I completely understand if you want to keep that info to yourself (assuming you used Hornresp).

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Did you use Hornresp for enclosure modeling with this build? If so, would you be willing to share your input parameters? I'd love to take a look at them, though I completely understand if you want to keep that info to yourself (assuming you used Hornresp).

As you have said, i prefer to keep that to myself. Im very very hesitant to ever give out any specific information on any given build, just because i design so specifically for everything, every build is so specific to the input power, driver, and vehicle.

I do use hornresp, in combination with another program. Hornresp has been my main thing for a while now on anything horn or line loaded, and over the years i have developed my own bastardized way of using it, and i take into consideration several factors of the listening environment in doing so. It is a great program, and its a shame not enough people use it. The interface is tough for novices, but for veterans it makes perfect sense.

It makes you see just how useless script based calculators like torres really are.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

As you have said, i prefer to keep that to myself. Im very very hesitant to ever give out any specific information on any given build, just because i design so specifically for everything, every build is so specific to the input power, driver, and vehicle.

I do use hornresp, in combination with another program. Hornresp has been my main thing for a while now on anything horn or line loaded, and over the years i have developed my own bastardized way of using it, and i take into consideration several factors of the listening environment in doing so. It is a great program, and its a shame not enough people use it. The interface is tough for novices, but for veterans it makes perfect sense.

It makes you see just how useless script based calculators like torres really are.

Understood, and I thank you for the information you are willing to share.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived