Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosure turorial video series


Hugh G. Rection

Recommended Posts

Posted

I will soon be making a video series of tutorial videos on sub enclosure construction. I will be putting my 20 years of professional woodworking experience into these and will cover the following topics, plus a few others

1- rabbeted joints to improve joint strength

2- pocket hole screws

3- adhesives (water based, resin based, epoxy based, and catalyzed adhesives)

4- material surface prep for increased joint strength

5- proper use of radiuses (corners and edges)

6- construction of internal bracing to maximize rigidity and strength

7- use of concealed screws

8- countersunk screws

9- screw thread rates and different types of metals used to make screws

10- wood types used for construction

11- using toungue and groove to joing pieces into a single panel

If there are any additional topics you would like to see covered in these videos, let me know and i will try my best to cover it.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

Sounds great man, I'm excited to see it! I love seeing what other builders do and I'm always looking to learn something new!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I will also add a section on how to make perfect interlocking, self aligning wooden rings to build your own aero ports without the hassle of rings slipping out of alignment and without getting glue all over the inside.

Also, ill make a video on using the jasper jig to create ovals.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Ive decided against doing this video series. Im not gonna waste my time doing this to help a community that is not interested in it.

I will however say a big thank you to the two people here who seem to actually have interest in it though.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

Ive decided against doing this video series. Im not gonna waste my time doing this to help a community that is not interested in it.

I will however say a big thank you to the two people here who seem to actually have interest in it though.

I only just saw this.. I'd like to see it. Just do it.

Build it, and they will come :):good:

Me too, actually got excited when I saw this.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

I got excited when I saw this as well always love to learn new things.

Especially from highly experienced people.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Ive decided against doing this video series. Im not gonna waste my time doing this to help a community that is not interested in it.

I will however say a big thank you to the two people here who seem to actually have interest in it though.

I would love to see this but I can see why you decided against it. Even to make one vid takes a alot of work let alone a whole series.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2936 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...