Second Skin Audio

15" subs recommend

Bayuk89

if you have facebook, check out DFW Quality Car Audio...

badass deals pop up there all the time. Or if you mean central TX as in the Austin area...Team Sound Pressure members are always changing setups and selling equipment. Really nice and knowledgeable dudes there.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Dude, you seem like a good guy that's hungry for knowledge so it's no worries. You have any local guys you've connected with that are members here or big systems?

Thanks man,

And no I don't have anyone one on here, i met a guy a few days ago who lives a street over and has three 15" sound qubed subs in his late model ford. He owns his own business with graphic design stuff. All of his stuff is tailor custom with suede headliner and fiberglass, he has the knowledge and I showed him my set up and told him what I wanted to upgrade to. He told me come over and he would use his software to help me design a box and such. Other that I don't have anyone in the audio community.

if you have facebook, check out DFW Quality Car Audio...

badass deals pop up there all the time. Or if you mean central TX as in the Austin area...Team Sound Pressure members are always changing setups and selling equipment. Really nice and knowledgeable dudes there.

Yes I'm just north of austin, will have to check it out thank you.

Thanks clean sierra.

So many options and choices idk if I wanna run 10,12,15 inch with the right set up they could all sound good. I want heart pounding bass so I believe 12-15" is the area I need to look in. Not ready or knowledgeable yet to run with the dogs in the 18" club yet lol. I'm not in a rush for this build yet, just needed guidance from you good folks so I can start planning a build and what direction i wanna go this coming year. I need to learn and study the woofer specs I'm still learning the parameters of the subs and what they mean. I'm learning everything I come on here and I thank you guys for ur experience and knowledge.

Size of subs will all depend on the space available. Do the biggest subs that will fit in the space you have if you're looking to be loud.

I have a pair of Dayton HO 15's for sale, I'm just down in San Antonio. They work in smaller boxes, and would probably allow you to do four 15s if you think you only have the space for four 12s. But again, measure the space you have and do the biggest you can. Shoot for 18s ;)

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Actually man, I'm pretty much selling all my stuff, so if you need wire or head unit or speakers or anything, let me know, if I got it I'll cut you a deal since you're local.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Actually man, I'm pretty much selling all my stuff, so if you need wire or head unit or speakers or anything, let me know, if I got it I'll cut you a deal since you're local.

Due to holidays I don't have any money to spare for my build. I will save up a grand or so in the next few months and go from there. If ur equipment is still up we can do something, if not no worries I appreciate your offer :)

Thanks clean sierra.

So many options and choices idk if I wanna run 10,12,15 inch with the right set up they could all sound good. I want heart pounding bass so I believe 12-15" is the area I need to look in. Not ready or knowledgeable yet to run with the dogs in the 18" club yet lol. I'm not in a rush for this build yet, just needed guidance from you good folks so I can start planning a build and what direction i wanna go this coming year. I need to learn and study the woofer specs I'm still learning the parameters of the subs and what they mean. I'm learning everything I come on here and I thank you guys for ur experience and knowledge.

Size of subs will all depend on the space available. Do the biggest subs that will fit in the space you have if you're looking to be loud.

I have a pair of Dayton HO 15's for sale, I'm just down in San Antonio. They work in smaller boxes, and would probably allow you to do four 15s if you think you only have the space for four 12s. But again, measure the space you have and do the biggest you can. Shoot for 18s ;)

Im sure I can run two 18" walled but I think four 15" might be better ? I have about 24 inches of depth from rear window to driver seats. Still need to measure to confirm tho. I got the bass itch and having an addictive personality doesn't help haha

Archived