Aalexander10 Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 So I am looking to do a budget build for my Ford ranger extended cab. I am a broke college kid so money is a big deal. What are the best subs overall (spl and sq) 12" or 15" I can pick up for around $100 a piece?
3vil Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 Whatever is available on your local CraigsList.
Life is an Enigma Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 Whatever is available on your local CraigsList. X2 Good Luck. If it's not hart stopping it not real POWER
la_01ninja Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 For a decent intro sub id sugest something like the soundqubed hds200... Depending on size there $115 shipped.
kirill007 Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 For 100$ a piece, I'd look for second hand equipment too. More bang for your buck. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
alaskanzx5 Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 IMO 1 sub for 200, then pick up a second one when you can. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 Sound Qubed might be the best bang for the buck. I got lucky with a pair of HDS315 on black Friday sale. 4cuft each tuned 34hz. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Bayuk89 Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 Sound Qubed might be the best bang for the buck. I got lucky with a pair of HDS315 on black Friday sale. 4cuft each tuned 34hz. How are those, do they work good for you ? I was looking at them online 3" voice coil 1200RMS for like $160. I was also looking at the sundown E-15 but the soundqubed HDS315 seems likes its a better all the way around and is just a little bit more $$
Mr DeeBeez Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 you wont be disappointed with hds3's they are very good for the price. I also have heard a pair of e 12's on a 1000 watt rockford amp and i was very impressed. as long as you have an enclosure built to specs i think either one of those choices would surprise you. Fi Team 18's (4) Crossfire 16k Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4 Pioneer AVH-X491bhs 140ah cmax CES 320's (2)
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted January 4, 2016 Report Posted January 4, 2016 They (HDS315) are the loudest 15s I have ever had and sound good too. Back in the day (1991) I had a pair of Kicker c15 on a punch 200 and was loud for what it was but nothing like this. These Sound Cubed 15s easily out do my previous setup which were 4 Pyle 15s sealed at 2 cu. Ft. ea. on the same amp. The Pyle 15s were $180 for all 4 new. Ported and tuned low is the way to go. When I figure out how to use photo bucket I will put up some pictures. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.