Second Skin Audio

Box Advice?

RockeyDA

More box Questions. so i have spent all my time doing side work for extra money for the amp(320$ so far), have not be able to get out and get wood. i want lows and i want them now

if i extend the port out side the box is port tuning still gonna work like it would inside just without displacement of extra wood? i think i got enough scrap to extend my port by a foot.

and i think its normal so i might proceed if i have wood at right lengths considering i cant cut it here.

i think i can turn this box in to an l port and get my lows back.

Current Subs: 2 Alpine SWR-1522D's, Sundown X-18

Current Amps: SAE-1500D on 100A 14.4v psu, Technics SA-560,Some Sony, Some Pioneer - crackles if on to long

yay, i have enough scrap! just gonna have to do some cutting and glueing. right now i wish i had those things that are like vices but sevrel feet long for squeezing wood together for making good glue connections.

YQ9aQLGl.jpg

and for a bit im running on alot more power, one of my firedns is leaving his amp hear for a bit and it gives me way more boom. max voltage i got out of my other amp was 9v with clipping, thia one im getting 12v no clipping, dont know how the curent scales up but im getting alot more power.

TDMdXtBl.jpg

so now i know what im in for when i finally have the money for the 1500w amp... about dubble what i got now.

i wish my dads girl friend would get a job or go on ssi, im getting sick of her dead wight around here. if i didn't have to pay all the god dam bills i would be able to save up for this crap and actually have a weekend. and the past 3 hours have been my only time to my self this weekend. its building up on me and making me pretty pissy, on Friday i snapped and smashed my laptop in half. probably gonna get up at 5am on tusday so i have time to fix it, lucly i have 1 working gpu and 2 working mobo's and 3 backligts i can still use. this is like the 5th time i destroyed my laptop. i dont even know how im gonna get the rest of the money. cant believe another weekend gone and still short.

Current Amps: SAE-1500D on 100A 14.4v psu, Technics SA-560,Some Sony, Some Pioneer - crackles if on to long

x

x

it kept saying there was an error trying to make my post.. looks like it was still making them.. dont know how to delete them.

also close enough.

ALtCO13l.jpg

4 12s alpine type s i need a box going in a 2003 tahoe 28-34 hz would appriate if i could get some demensions or desgins thanks

Make your own thread under the subwoofer/enclosure topic section, that way you're not thread jacking this ongoing thread. People will be glad to help you then.

so i cant sleep and this is what i have bin up to while i cant sleep.

Tv3EfGR.jpgim gonna run my numbers threw a port calculator to see what i get and if i might need to run another fold to port longer. the additional length of the port, dose that count as extra enclosure volume?

No, the port extension does not count as extra enclosure volume. Enclosure net volume is just the empty space inside the box that isn't getting taken up by anything else (sub, port, bracing, etc.)

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived