Second Skin Audio

Sp4 12'

Allen Lancos

Bills

(i want demo from this when its rebuilt :) , as well as yours JK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nXJM6QmjQN0

Not bad single sub setup..actually took power..

Op wish you luck on your build...even if you fit box with what ever sub..where's your amp batterys going?did you calculate alt power as well?

So 2 15's are not possible? I just really want to get away from the 2 12's idea. its all too common which is why i went 4 originally, for that wow factor! The usual was Wow 4 12's in here nice!

Just knock their socks off with two 12s, the reactions will be even better I promise

So 2 15's are not possible? I just really want to get away from the 2 12's idea. its all too common which is why i went 4 originally, for that wow factor! The usual was Wow 4 12's in here nice!

Just knock their socks off with two 12s, the reactions will be even better I promise

x2

2 12's in an optimal enclosure > 2 15's in an enclosure that isn't right

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Bills

(i want demo from this when its rebuilt :) , as well as yours JK

Not bad single sub setup..actually took power..

Op wish you luck on your build...even if you fit box with what ever sub..where's your amp batterys going?did you calculate alt power as well?

Batts will go in back of truck, what do you mean about calculating alt power? Is the singer 370 not enough?

what about the 4" clearance issue at the B pillar? I dont have 4 inches there, or can the port fire out of the top of the box?

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

4 inches of clearance for the port. Generally, you want half the diameter of the port of clearance. Ya know, to move air around a shit...

I mean, you could work around and pull the box up some, and shrink it sideways. just remember to keep the spacing of the front panel in check, so that your port(s) won't run into a woofer.

From personal experience, port facing b-pillar is the way to go in a single cab. It's just the way the port will load off that wall, compared to it trying to load off the roof.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

so who around here can i give dimensions to and actually get a blueprint to build a new box with all the port details and cutout sheets. I am willing to pay! Like i stated earlier in this thread Ive only built one set of ported boxes a long time ago and there were awful speaking that at the time i thought a port was just a port. No research was done so I had no clue any calculation went into porting. What about tuning frequency? I see a lot of people tuning real low to low 30's, where as i would feel low 40's would give you that chest squeezing sensation that im looking for.

By the way yall have sold me on the 12's

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

so who around here can i give dimensions to and actually get a blueprint to build a new box with all the port details and cutout sheets. I am willing to pay! Like i stated earlier in this thread Ive only built one set of ported boxes a long time ago and there were awful speaking that at the time i thought a port was just a port. No research was done so I had no clue any calculation went into porting. What about tuning frequency? I see a lot of people tuning real low to low 30's, where as i would feel low 40's would give you that chest squeezing sensation that im looking for.

By the way yall have sold me on the 12's

Kicker for that 40hz stuff

no one here can give you dimensions.. you have the truck go measure and post the dimensions you have and someone will help you design it

Archived