Chubbza5 Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 What's up ya'll, I'm Joe from Austin. Been lurking around here for a while, I think it's time for me to go ahead and make an account. I'm starting a build on my '00 silverado. I'm going for the "factory as possible" setup. No speakers in the dash, screens, etc. Just some good sounds. I'm a college student, so I say that now. I may go all out some day in a tahoe, the truck just isn't that vehicle for me. Getting 2 SQhds310's on a 1500.1 amp. Building a custom enclosure for under the seat with MDF and aero ports. Lots more to come, just figured I'd start a build thread for ya'll to see what I'm doing! Lifted the seat 2.5" with some 11 gauge square tube to give myself more room. Extended rear seat bracket 3" to accommodate height. Should get ~1.25 cubes net per sub. Ran some 1/0 from battery to rear and made up my sub grounds. I'll be doing the big 3 next. 200A+ alternator in my future I think, I'm on the factory one right now. Thanks for checking it out! I'll be updating as I go forwards! I should mention everything but the head unit I have came with the truck. That box doesn't fit properly, the speakers are horrible, and the amp is decent but weak (Pioneer gm-5300T.) I think the door speakers have been upgraded, I hooked them up to a 50x4 amp and they played MUCH LOUDER than the headunit, crispy clear. I'll get some pictures of them, maybe you guys know what they are. I can't imagine they're factory.
tboorn Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 welcome fellow texan. nice truck Fidelity Built to Last Team Sound Asleep 24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/ 2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3 2 DD M3b Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors Pioneer DEH-80prs Focal P165 V30 components Rockford Fosgate T-400.4
boom50cal Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 huge basshead scene in the austin area. welcome to the forum On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Chubbza5 Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 huge basshead scene in the austin area. welcome to the forum I know when I had my 240sx there was a big nissan scene I was into. Are there any meetups in the Austin area for similar people with our bass addiction?
boom50cal Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 oh yes. Ohhhhh yes. Big show, Heatwave, in late July. HUGE. and most of Team Sound Pressure Audio is down there. a 150db trunk, a wild ass 6th order expedition, a walled Mercury, several others. you have a facebook? DFW Quality Car Audio is a good place to start, most of the Austin guys are in there. and I Just Wanna Bang! is good to, full of fucking idiots but will point you in some good directions. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
mcfalcon Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 Another Texan Still learning but have started gathering.
Miguels Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 nice truck and welcome to the forum my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Kyblack76 Posted January 14, 2016 Report Posted January 14, 2016 Not a single person from the big state that gets loud at all. Fact is, they are all audio retards. welcome to the forum. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Chubbza5 Posted January 14, 2016 Author Report Posted January 14, 2016 oh yes. Ohhhhh yes. Big show, Heatwave, in late July. HUGE. and most of Team Sound Pressure Audio is down there. a 150db trunk, a wild ass 6th order expedition, a walled Mercury, several others. you have a facebook? DFW Quality Car Audio is a good place to start, most of the Austin guys are in there. and I Just Wanna Bang! is good to, full of fucking idiots but will point you in some good directions. Oh yeah I know about Heatwave. I judged for them for a couple years along with the mean streets meets in Austin. It's a sick car show, no doubt the biggest one in Austin. Yeah I have a facebook, I'll check them out. 99% of forums are filled with idiots, the other 1% is me talking to myself. (SMD is a wealth of knowledge and I'm a novice, I'm referring to other forums)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.