Sonic Electronix

Is an upgraded head unit necessary?

If that's what you want then you need to build a well rounded system. Imo the head unit is the most important piece of it. It's your brain for your beat. You can get by with a factory head unit but then you need a way to process it and that will run you as much as a new head unit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I guess I tend to think HU = big 7" screen, an OS, lazers, missile defense systems, and everything else one can cram into a box that big...and thus expensive as FUUUUK. And I don't feel like spending $500 in a HU when my wooofer/amp won't cost as much. Is this wrong? Any suggestions for what HU to get? I assume a 6 preout would be what I would want.

What broke said. 80prs. I love mine. Another option with similar capabilities is clarion cz702. 3-way capable active crossovers, time alignment, decent EQ if you need/want it, it's close to having a processor but not as expensive. I'm sure there are more HU's with the same/similar features as those two that don't break the bank, but I'm not going to look for them ;) make a list of all of the features that you want, do some research on all of the ones that meet your wants, see what issues there have been, etc.

Archived