Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Is an upgraded head unit necessary?


Recommended Posts

Posted

If that's what you want then you need to build a well rounded system. Imo the head unit is the most important piece of it. It's your brain for your beat. You can get by with a factory head unit but then you need a way to process it and that will run you as much as a new head unit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I guess I tend to think HU = big 7" screen, an OS, lazers, missile defense systems, and everything else one can cram into a box that big...and thus expensive as FUUUUK. And I don't feel like spending $500 in a HU when my wooofer/amp won't cost as much. Is this wrong? Any suggestions for what HU to get? I assume a 6 preout would be what I would want.

Posted

Pioneer deh-80prs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

What broke said. 80prs. I love mine. Another option with similar capabilities is clarion cz702. 3-way capable active crossovers, time alignment, decent EQ if you need/want it, it's close to having a processor but not as expensive. I'm sure there are more HU's with the same/similar features as those two that don't break the bank, but I'm not going to look for them ;) make a list of all of the features that you want, do some research on all of the ones that meet your wants, see what issues there have been, etc.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2156 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...