reasons not to use 6x9's

Broke_Audio_Addict

the morels are exspensive but far from high end, I run morel tweets in my car, and they are not cheap but they are way less than that set and I have no doubt that There mdt-30's

will sound better than those lil neo things.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

the morels are exspensive but far from high end, I run morel tweets in my car, and they are not cheap but they are way less than that set and I have no doubt that There mdt-30's

will sound better than those lil neo things.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

damn, remember when MB Quart was good? they had these badass 8" speakers that had the tweeter floating in front of the dustcap .. they sounded so smooth

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

damn, remember when MB Quart was good? they had these badass 8" speakers that had the tweeter floating in front of the dustcap .. they sounded so smooth

I wish I had a reason to buy this mb quart 3 way set. 8 inch woofers yo. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-Quart-QM200-3BMW-120W-Component-BMW-Subwoofer-Speaker-Tweeter-Stereo-System-/231638496994?hash=item35eebaf6e2:g:jwoAAOSwu4BVv3zh&vxp=mtr

The newer MB Quarts are nothing compared to the older models.

6x9's are a great choice for those that do not have a sub, and or want to add as much midbass as possible without the hassle of going through adding some into the mix of things.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

My dodge caliber came stock with 6x9s all the way around. They were positioned diagonally and very close to the floor. The narrow end of the speaker was towards your ears. Very illusive bass response being mounted in that position. The highs were very clear.

I've heard them mounted in other orientations and it's night and day difference. So, I think it really depends on how your 6x9s are positioned to get the best sound.

My brother has a pair of NVX 6x9s in the back of his grand prix and has them crossed over at 80hz or 100hz (can't remember). It gives him great sounding bass and keeps up with his NVX 6.5" component sets in the front. That being said, the speaker is pointing towards the back glass and the wide curve of the oval is facing the back of our heads.

Hope this helps some.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver)

Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS

Amps: RF P1000X5

Front: RF P16-S

Rear: RF P1694

Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10

Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build

Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104

My dodge caliber came stock with 6x9s all the way around. They were positioned diagonally and very close to the floor. The narrow end of the speaker was towards your ears. Very illusive bass response being mounted in that position. The highs were very clear.

I've heard them mounted in other orientations and it's night and day difference. So, I think it really depends on how your 6x9s are positioned to get the best sound.

My brother has a pair of NVX 6x9s in the back of his grand prix and has them crossed over at 80hz or 100hz (can't remember). It gives him great sounding bass and keeps up with his NVX 6.5" component sets in the front. That being said, the speaker is pointing towards the back glass and the wide curve of the oval is facing the back of our heads.

Hope this helps some.

Interesting.

I also have dodge caliber, it's an 08 srt4.

I think I may have to try both a quality 6x9" and 6.5" and see if there is any big difference in sound to me.

Although it probably isn't a fair test if it's two different brands or even different lines of the same brand.

I'm likely going to use the t3 6.5's I have for now and I'll explore this later on.

Still haven't got one reason against using them, anybody got one?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived