If you are using high quality materials you're looking at $1k+

That's not counting the tools you'd need to buy.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you are using high quality materials you're looking at $1k+

That's not counting the tools you'd need to buy.

Seems about right. I get what y'all mean by an expensive hobby. For average quality or low quality for practicing , would it run significantly cheaper? Say I go to a junk yard and pick up a front bumper for 20$. And use cheap paint to practice. Or that's expensive too?

What's cheaper in the end, vinyl wrapping or paint jobs. They both run close to the same cost to an average consumer (~3500)

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

You could get the cheapest of the cheap and probably come in around $300 for materials to paint a whole car.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You could get the cheapest of the cheap and probably come in around $300 for materials to paint a whole car.

Not saying all, but this is what Maaco does ? Cheap out on the paint resulting in a cheaper overall paint job? Makes sense. I might try it depending on how much time I have and how much feedback I get from others who painted.

My question is, apply filler and such for certain scratches and such. But like I said, have a lot of reading to do. Shiet .. If I get ever get good, I got you a free paint job hahahah. Nah but idk man. It might seem like a good investment though if I do get good. So say, for high quality but not the highest, maybe 800-900$ in supplies? Maybe a 40-50 job depending (maybe less , maybe more), charge $1500 which is still cheaper than any other places I guess. And since they would be my friends, they will understand about time and the overall final appearance, etc. quick pocket cash of 500-600$?

Maybe I'm overthinking the situation. At the end, I always admire a good paint job haha.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

I second N8s response. Take classes to learn the art. I have many family members that do this for a living, including a very skilled father. I myself was interested in learning and my cousin suggested taking the classes required to learn. If you're looking to make this your trade, it will absolutely be worth it. Be prepared for sore hands and body indefinitely if you plan on giving this a go.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I second N8s response. Take classes to learn the art. I have many family members that do this for a living, including a very skilled father. I myself was interested in learning and my cousin suggested taking the classes required to learn. If you're looking to make this your trade, it will absolutely be worth it. Be prepared for sore hands and body indefinitely if you plan on giving this a go.

Family of skilled artists. That's what's up. To be honest, it could be a trade but through college and mainly a side trade later on. I'm going to graduate with a BS in computer science, so my day job would be software engineering. But I would love to learn this skill , especially right now, but I cannot take college classes for 3 semesters including the one which just began.

Edit: I would also love to repaint my g37 :)

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Family of skilled artists. That's what's up. To be honest, it could be a trade but through college and mainly a side trade later on. I'm going to graduate with a BS in computer science, so my day job would be software engineering. But I would love to learn this skill , especially right now, but I cannot take college classes for 3 semesters including the one which just began.

Edit: I would also love to repaint my g37 :)

IMO Once you start working full time you won't have time for the hobbies you already have. Being a programmer I imagine you'll be making ~60-90k, but then spending your weekends sanding for an extra $500-$1000 a month before taxes?

I dunno, that's my take. Seems like it's either enough time but not enough money, or enough money, but not enough time.

Plus I imagine you'll relocate for a job, fuck trying to move a paint booth lol

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Try to find part time work at an auto body shop. You'll learn quickly whether it's for you or not.

I'm not one to discourage somebody from doing something. If you've got energy and drive to do this, do it, there is no reason you can't.

Expecting to make money off of it, unless you are all in isn't very feasible.

By your numbers if materials were $1,000 you'd charge $1,500. If you got it done in 50 hours, that's only giving yourself $10/hr. You also have he initial cost of equipment to recoup, rent or mortgage on whatever building you use, you need a reserve incase something were to happen to a customer's car.

If it's a skill you desire to have, and help people with, then do it, absolutely. If you're in it for a side job to make money that's gonna be difficult unless that's all you do.

I manage a small body shop, and our material costs for a complete are around $2500-3500 depending on certain factors. And we aren't using the highest of materials, mostly just Sikkens products like Auto-Base Plus. I feel there are a few realities to painting you need to learn before jumping in...

First, a paint job can only look as good as the bodywork underneath it. You can't paint your way out of shitty body work.

Second, a paint job is like building a house, you start with mud for a foundation and that shit won't stand up for long. Using cheap fillers and primers is a sure fire way to get paint failure a few years (or even months) down the road.

Third, and this goes for mechanics/machinists/carpenters/all sorts of professions, better tools won't make you better at your job. Spending $15k in Snap-on tools won't make you a mechanic. Same goes for HVLP guns, compressors, sanding blocks, welders, etc.

This isn't exactly a field where you practice a little on your own stuff and then make some side cash. You really need to put in the hours and hone your skills if you want to produce any semblance of quality. I'd honestly focus your time in some other way, if you want to paint shit fit side cash then learn to airbrush.

I manage a small body shop, and our material costs for a complete are around $2500-3500 depending on certain factors. And we aren't using the highest of materials, mostly just Sikkens products like Auto-Base Plus. I feel there are a few realities to painting you need to learn before jumping in...

First, a paint job can only look as good as the bodywork underneath it. You can't paint your way out of shitty body work.

Second, a paint job is like building a house, you start with mud for a foundation and that shit won't stand up for long. Using cheap fillers and primers is a sure fire way to get paint failure a few years (or even months) down the road.

Third, and this goes for mechanics/machinists/carpenters/all sorts of professions, better tools won't make you better at your job. Spending $15k in Snap-on tools won't make you a mechanic. Same goes for HVLP guns, compressors, sanding blocks, welders, etc.

This isn't exactly a field where you practice a little on your own stuff and then make some side cash. You really need to put in the hours and hone your skills if you want to produce any semblance of quality. I'd honestly focus your time in some other way, if you want to paint shit fit side cash then learn to airbrush.

How many hours for a car start to finish? Consider a full paint job with a few minor blemishes to address. (just body work, no panel replacement)

Archived