Sonic Electronix

I find it funny how people keep suggesting boxes that are 100-120. That does not include shipping. I work for UPS, shipping a 40 lb+ object is not cheap what so ever.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I find it funny how people keep suggesting boxes that are 100-120. That does not include shipping. I work for UPS, shipping a 40 lb+ object is not cheap what so ever.

A prefab I just bought from sonic was shipped for free.

They did a very shitty packing job and it got damaged because of it but it was free.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

A prefab I just bought from sonic was shipped for free.

They did a very shitty packing job and it got damaged because of it but it was free.

Well if people are lucky enough to get free shipping, then it's still barely worthwhile. The box still costs almost 3 times a sheet of wood. If you don't get the free shipping I would estimate easily $50+. I had to ship my bmx frame, wasn't big at all, usually the length of it matches the length of a sub box. But a sub box is much, much wider. So that adds into price, on top of that, weight. It costs me nearly 50 to ship a less than 10lb box nearly a quarter the size of a sub box.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Does the OP have a headunit? Tools to build a box? Yall keep saying mdf but what about screws, or if gluing what about clamps. No one is even asking how much space he has for a box. This thread is a joke and will just turn into people posting their own favorites or bashing others choices.

Have fun

U don't need to order everything online. U can support locals too. $500 isn't much to the guys on here. I would really piece it together. One amp here, a couple subs there, 0ga here, 0ga there, you can save money if u build boxes. Just grab a few parts until you have a nice setup. I was just throwing something together (to get an idea) when I suggested (2) rockford p3 subs, Rockford 500 watt mono block, gravity 0ga amp kit, & prefab box. U can get a really good amp for $500. And spend another $500 later on on something else

You can get a sa18 new for 200 and a sae600 bstock for 174.20.... save some more for wire and box lol. But like what it going in lol.... also their might be decent packages on sonic havent looked though

I just installed this amp along with a HDS215 for my friend for just over $500

Amp:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67758_Rockford-Fosgate-Prime-R500X1D.html

Sub:

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS215_p_223.html

Wires:

http://www.soundqubed.com/4-Gauge-Amplifier-Install-Kit_p_258.html

Box: $45 Sheet of 4 x 8 11 Ply Birch from Home Cheapo and permission to use your old man's circular saw

If you're really into car audio you should at least build your own basic subwoofer boxes

Soundqubed like most other companies has their recommended box specs on their website and I was extremely impressed with the sound we got out of that HDS215 and that $120 amp. However I should warn you if you go with this setup you want the Dual 4 ohm coils because the amp is only 2 ohm stable. My friend didnt even think that was important and just went ahead and ordered the D2 so we had to wire it at 4 ohms. But even on only 300 watts I was extremely impressed for the sound we got on the $500 budget.

Archived