Sonic Electronix

New build has very low output

Just finished my new build (Sundown NS1, FI sp4's) with all the excitement of firing this bad boy up, all i can say is what a let down! Old setup was 1000w rockford amp powering 4 comp cvr12's. With all setting in head unit the same (eq, sub levels, ect) new system bass output is minimal subs are barely moving. Only way i can get more output is changing eq setting and upping bass levels at head unit but if i just hook my phone directly to the amp and put a 35 hz tone to the amp the subs come to life. Does any of this make sense?

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like may be RCA 's if your using your phone with the amp and it sounds good you are bypassing the rca's .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Sounds like may be RCA 's if your using your phone with the amp and it sounds good you are bypassing the rca's .

could it possibly be the head unit? Couple months back there was like a 2 day period i experienced similar symptoms but levels returned to normal after a couple days.

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

DD-1'd the new amp? Or atleast somewhat set the gains?

on a side note, if this is in that singlecab Dodge, I REAAALLLY want to see some videos of it getting down. Was really excited with your thread then it disappeared :(

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Hello 50 yea its me. Its done! Just having a hiccup. I do have a dd1 but im confused with it. The whole process is confusing me. Setting eq flat, i dont use a flat eq. Turn volume all the way up to distortion, i dont listen to it that high. Plug the rca into the dd1 and the dstorstion like constantly blinks as i turn the volume knob, but comes on steady at 37/40. 25 is my max.

Archived