Sonic Electronix

Condensation on Amp. What should I do?

So I hadn't played any music in my car for maybe a week or so. For no reason I went to the back seat to look at the amp and then it see that it was covered in condensation.

I've never had this as a problem before so I don't know what I'm even supposed to do about it.

From what I know there aren't any bad seals on the car that would let that much condensation in.

Any tips on what to do? I'm about to sell my car in about a month, should I just uninstall my sub and amps now?

but still, why it only be happening now, ive had the amp for 2 years and this hasnt happened once before

You got water in your car? open bottle, wet floor mats, leaking window? If there is water sitting in the vehicle, the moisture will condense of the coldest objects when the sun warms the air.

It could be something simple as a plugged vents in the trunk or the floor boards of the vehicle.

I see so many people sound deaden right over these all the time..

When you close them off your no longer allowing air to move in/out of the vehicle, such as letting moist air out and causing condensation.

It could be something simple as a plugged vents in the trunk or the floor boards of the vehicle.

I see so many people sound deaden right over these all the time..

When you close them off your no longer allowing air to move in/out of the vehicle, such as letting moist air out and causing condensation.

Good point! If they are blocked, any moisture in the car will have a hard time drying up. OP, as far as the conensation, let the amps warm up to outside temperature before turning them on. Once they warm up, the condensation will dissapear.

EDIT: Also, a little trick, run your AC for a bit before your done driving. The ac in a car also acts as a dehumidifier.

Archived