Sundown Audio

Highs and mids amp problem

209er

I have a Dc 270xp pioneer Avic stereo. Arc audio 2000.1, and a 4 channel crescendo amp. Well parked everything works right. As soon as I'm driving and I turn up the bass my high and mids cut in a out. So I park and turns out it work good again. So I press on the peddle while in park and the problem occurs again highs and mids cut in and out, while my bass is still pounding, My voltage stays above 13.7,

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

What kind of car is it? Maybe you could try running the amp off of your phone with an RCA cable that has a 3.5mm headphone plug on the end. This would enable you to rule out the head unit. If it still does it with the phone then it is either a power problem or and amp problem.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Will do.... I have a 07 Chevy Tahoe. Now that I think of it my stereo runs off of stock electrical, as for other amps run off A seperate electrical,

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Has it every worked properly or has it always done this ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

What's the highest you've seen your voltage?

Did this start after you installed the DC270xp?

Did you do the big three?

Edit: just saw the part about separated electrical. So for the big three question, did you do it for the stock electrical?

No I did not do the big 3 for stock. Looking for some rca's, im starting to think its the amp, If it was the stereo would both amps do the same thing, my bass amp doesn't get affected.

When I put the highs and mids amp it started at least I noticed it,

Has it every worked properly or has it always done this ?

Possible broken or loose RCA connection on the amps internals?

Where I was going with the big three thing was the battery current sensor on the ground wire, as that has been found to make alts charge high if you do big three but don't run the ground through the sensor. Charge high>higher voltage than the amp can operate on>protect. But That's not your issue.

Yea I can access it first thing in the morning I will start playing around with it and solve the problem

Can you access the amp in question while the car is parked and running? Try gently wiggling each wire to see if thy problem shows up.

Archived